'Every woman adores a fascist...'

Then the same goes. I can live quite happily without a thug cluttering up my life.

good for you:thumbsup: Date anyone?

There must be a hell of a lot of thick chicks around then because Ive known lots over the years who go for nasty pieces of work, My own sister has married and spent the past 30 odd years living with one.

Ive known women who have gone out with pig after pig, moaned about going out with the wrong kind of bloke then gone with the next arse that happened along.

Ted Hughes was hardly a fascist - I think the line refers to brutal men rather than Nazi's

Like T S Eliot's "Sweeney" man?

StarSparkle

Far be it from me to criticise the genius of Mr Hicks - but it would have been more accurate for him to have said why do "Thick chicks dig jerks"?...

StarSparkle :)

Star, Mary Archer provides indisputable evidence to disprove this theory! :hihi:

And no it's not just 'thick chicks' some of you really do let the side down - sorry girls.:cool:

I beg to differ - any woman who goes out with a 'brute man' must by definition be 'thick'

StarSparkle

There must be a hell of a lot of thick chicks around then because Ive known lots over the years who go for nasty pieces of work, My own sister has married and spent the past 30 odd years living with one.

Ive known women who have goe out with pig after pig, moaned about going out with the wrong kind of bloke then gone with the next arse that happened along.

I agree it happens and frankly I'm mystified as to why having made such a monumental mistake once anybody would go on to repeat it. :huh:

Star, Mary Archer provides indisputable evidence to disprove this theory! :hihi:

See my post above

See my post above

..quite true, if it hadn't ruined my 'joke', I was going to earnestly explore the possibility that clever people often have little emotional intelligence.

Because they want to change them, of course! Turn them into pussy cats before they get bored and then go off in search of another knuckle dragger.

Yep :)

Some women just can't help trying to 'mend' things, can they?

And, of course, there's the usual "You're not the man I first met" line as they bugger off out the door for the last time :roll:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Or thick chicks dig hihi:

Or chicks dig thick p_ _ _ _ s? :hihi:

There are a lot of women like a strong men, so I suppose this will always spill over into some women liking the more dominant men, even where that spills over into brutality and fascism. I think we've all seen it.

On a similar note, did anyone see the BBC news article "Men with sexist views 'earn more'"? It's probably worth a thread all of it's own.

Men who grow up thinking women should stay at home may be labelled "old-fashioned" - but could end up well ahead in the salary stakes. A US study, published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, suggests that they will consistently out-earn more "modern-thinking" men.

On average, this meant an extra $8,500 (£4,722) a year.

One UK psychologist said men inclined to wield power in their relationships might also do this at work.

Yep :)

Some women just can't help trying to 'mend' things, can they?

And, of course, there's the usual "You're not the man I first met" line as they bugger off out the door for the last time :roll:

I'm not condoning anybody treating others like garbage, but I just can't understand why you would spend your time trying to change somebody like that, when it seems (for some reason) some people enjoy it in some weird way. :huh: