Herries Road Bus Depot

yep.johns local the dev.i knew john for many years a real gent..big and strong,yet soft as a brush.would"nt hurt a fly.

Didn't know any drivers just maintenance staff. Very rare I see any of them these days, all went our separate ways in 1986 following deregulation.

I worked there untill it shut on the engineering side as a sparky.then into olive grove when we merged with leadmill.

did some work on the garage roof when working for a subcontractor think it was the 80s. if memory serves me right im sure there was a death there when someone fell through the roof

I worked there untill it shut on the engineering side as a sparky.then into olive grove when we merged with leadmill.

What year you start?

I was a driver there for many years . Does anyone know of the next re-union.

was talking to mick ryan (know him) and he said theres one coming up in march...wadsley bridge club..not sure of date.

Our Joe worked there until it closed,he still drives buses out of olive grove.Joe the bookies mate Dakin,loads of you lot must know him he's been driving buses for nearly 50yrs.

course i know joe.good pal of mine..hope he"s keeping well.is he still working for billy hill.ha ha.

What year you start?

I started in 1978 at queen rd central works served my apprenticeship and left in 1986.went back in 1991 untill 1997.

I started in 1978 at queen rd central works served my apprenticeship and left in 1986.went back in 1991 untill 1997.

Think I know you kajmecky, sent a PM.

I know you too kajmecky, we started together. Glad to see you are still around! Hear anything from the other two?

Glenn.

---------- Post added 19-03-2017 at 22:06 ----------

Kajmecky, got your PM but can`t reply cos I dont have enough posts on the forum. PM me your email or something.