I do not have kids, why? Because I don't want them!

Hi there,

thanks for your comments, however if you read again, I didn't deride or take a smug superior line with anyone who had kids, those posts were not by me.

The smug superior bit wasn't actually aimed at you. It was aimed at others on the thread. You actually have a very refreshing honesty about you.

If you dont want kids then good for you,no one should be judged one way or the other.

The smug superior bit wasn't actually aimed at you. It was aimed at others on the thread. You actually have a very refreshing honesty about you.

:cool: Why, thankyou :)

By the time they are in their teens? So that's at least thirteen years you're talking about. Half of someones life if they are 26 when they have the child just committed to caring for someone else.

It really isnt that bad as you do it instinctively eventually and that time really flies

Caring or supporting someone else does tend to make you a better person.

By the time they are in their teens? So that's at least thirteen years you're talking about. Half of someones life if they are 26 when they have the child just committed to caring for someone else.

In a life time though , It is really just a small part,if you live to be 85, say.

I know people will disagree but women are programmed to procreate arent they?

I know people will disagree but women are programmed to procreate arent they?

If that's true then men are programmed to impregnate as many women as they can.

Technically, sex is for reproduction purposes. However we have contraception that allows it to become for pleasure alone.

I know what you are trying to say, feeling broody is a natural instinct but we do have the ability to think and make decisions.

If that's true then men are programmed to impregnate as many women as they can.

Technically, sex is for reproduction purposes. However we have contraception that allows it to become for pleasure alone.

I know what you are trying to say, feeling broody is a natural instinct but we do have the ability to think and make decisions.

Well yes, of course but if everyone in the world decided that they did not want to have children,then human beings would no longer exist and the end of the world as we know it would cease to exist.There was a similar debate on here not long ago about homosexuality and what would happen if only men lived with men and women with women.All of society's problems would cease to exist as there would be no society.I guess this is an unlikely scenario, but you can see where I am coming from?

You're never really sure until they're born. Most women will admit that they felt ambivalent and worried and even those who didn't probably had a tiny, tiny nagging doubt.

Do they? Good! Because I keep feeling like Cruella de Ville for admitting openly that being pregnant is crap and the whole business of giving birth is a bit over-rated. Personally I couldn't wait for them to whip him out in the end ;) I certainly wasn't floating around in some pastel coloured daydream of yoga classes and playing whale song to the bump.

Well yes, of course but if everyone in the world decided that they did not want to have children,then human beings would no longer exist and the end of the world as we know it would cease to exist.There was a similar debate on here not long ago about homosexuality and what would happen if only men lived with men and women with women.All of society's problems would cease to exist as there would be no society.I guess this is an unlikely scenario, but you can see where I am coming from?

So if people can be homosexual, assuming they would never want to naturally procreate, why is it hard to see that some heterosexual people would have no urge to procreate? These people are always going to be the minority so unless something drastic happens, we will never come across the scenerio where no one would ever have children.

Is it just a case of looking down on people who try to differ from the norm?

So if people can be homosexual, assuming they would never want to naturally procreate, why is it hard to see that some heterosexual people would have no urge to procreate? These people are always going to be the minority so unless something drastic happens, we will never come across the scenerio where no one would ever have children.

Is it just a case of looking down on people who try to be differ from the norm?

Well said :thumbsup:

It is strange to me that you interpret my comments in that way.How can you say that they will always be in the minority. There are many gay/lesbian relationships, some of whom do want to have children and seek ways of doing so.

Looking down is not what I do.Having a strong opinion maybe is.

Assumptions like this are looking for trouble.