Why Are So Many People MOANING About Being Unemployed?

I somewhat agree with this post, althought I was unemployed for a very long time... "Only 20" but still, I've been to alota interviews but with no outcome.

But I kepted trying and now I'm working in a position I've never done before, getting training and starting out at £7.34

< I'm a happy fella >

I have backproblems, but on my feet for 7hours straight, I just cope because... frankly I need the money and I look towards the future of getting the xbox / hd tv I want :P

I also signed on, an although the majority just want to stay on the doll and "Socialize" without having to worry about doing the hard stuff.... I was fed up of people looking down on me like I was some piece of <censored> it's the ignorant people who look down on you, althought I tried alot.

I somewhat agree with this post, althought I was unemployed for a very long time... "Only 20" but still, I've been to alota interviews but with no outcome.

But I kepted trying and now I'm working in a position I've never done before, getting training and starting out at £7.34

< I'm a happy fella >

Hey, well done - if only more people were like you Kokombi, you were prepared to work and kept trying and found a place that you enjoy and that has a future. See, it is out there people, you jsut got to get up and go find it.

To MrsMcbeth - I can believe that no one commented on the jobs that you linked to, becasue quite often even if its handed to them on a plate, people don't want it.

That has been my point all along.

I can jsut hear the excuses now "I don't want to work with animals", "why should I help others, no ones helped me". Its sad but the excuses are the same over and over again - people need to change their view points and be more like the previous poster.

Realistically, if you want security in this country, in the future you will have to get onto the council for a non job, believe me, in the new year I'm moving from the type of work I do now into one of those non job.

Care to expand on this? Just a short list of non-jobs would do as I'm guessing that you have intimate knowledge of every local authority job and so should be able to come up with a few examples of these non-jobs. :)

Brilliant Post Thomas22. :thumbsup: and I mean that, you have hit the nail right on the head with whats wrong with this country.

Realistically, if you want security in this country, in the future you will have to get onto the council for a non job, believe me, in the new year I'm moving from the type of work I do now into one of those non job.

Thomas, In my opinion, you should try to become an MP, as you quite franky have hit the nail on the head, what we need are MPs who can identify the problem and then do something about it.

Brilliant?!

The guy has said he has no qualifications. I assume he had the opportunity at school to get them (please say if I'm wrong).

Why do people who don't have qualifications moan about not being able to get work? Most employers ask for English and Maths GCSE's - something which everyone gets the chance to do. Everyone has had money spent on them at school in order for them to get qualifications. And even if they don't pass / don't attend the class / don't attend school, more money in pumped into adult education classes to make sure they get them.

There are loads of jobs out there. Even if you don't have any qualifications there are jobs where all you need is enthusiasm and a positive outlook. You need to be keen to learn. Some jobs might even let you return to college to do adult education classes.

Failing that buy a power washer and offer to clean people's cars. Buy a lawnmower and offer to cut people's grass. Find work either employed or self employed. Ignore the credit crunch, the world hasn't ground to a halt.

Brilliant?!

There are loads of jobs out there. Even if you don't have any qualifications there are jobs where all you need is enthusiasm and a positive outlook. You need to be keen to learn. Some jobs might even let you return to college to do adult education classes.

Failing that buy a power washer and offer to clean people's cars. Buy a lawnmower and offer to cut people's grass. Find work either employed or self employed. Ignore the credit crunch, the world hasn't ground to a halt.

Well said sir!

A man after my own heart - I couldn't have phrased that better myself.

People jsut need to stop moaning, turn off daytime tv, get off their backsides and find something constructive to do with their day

Top post Go4it xx

Care to expand on this? Just a short list of non-jobs would do as I'm guessing that you have intimate knowledge of every local authority job and so should be able to come up with a few examples of these non-jobs. :)

I'm refering to jobs such as Inclusion Officers, 28k per annun, to deliver absolutly nothing.

You could pick up the jobs edition of the guardian, and see many jobs such as these.

There are very few jobs that will start someone with No experiance or qualifications on a decent wage

Yet equally unqualified you can easy get a Call centre job for £7 per hour, I know the extra 60 odd quid a week would be very helpful to me.

quoted from the site ms macbeth put

You will also need to show that you are capable of working with and caring for dogs and other animals and that you are competent, knowledgeable and confident in aspects of animal handling, husbandry and welfare. Candidates should also have good communication and customer care skills.

so if you dont have any of these skills which you only get if you have done this work or something simular can you get a job that does not need any qualification

you might not need any qalifications but you still have to have some skills for the job,

Yet equally unqualified you can easy get a Call centre job for £7 per hour, I know the extra 60 odd quid a week would be very helpful to me.

yes but you still have to be confident in talking to people so you have to be ok with comunications skills even if you dont have to have qualifications

Daily Politics on BB2 had a segment today which mentioned Sheffield and Hull as two of the places which will be hardest hit by the recession.

quoted from the site ms macbeth put

You will also need to show that you are capable of working with and caring for dogs and other animals and that you are competent, knowledgeable and confident in aspects of animal handling, husbandry and welfare. Candidates should also have good communication and customer care skills.

so if you dont have any of these skills which you only get if you have done this work or something simular can you get a job that does not need any qualification

you might not need any qalifications but you still have to have some skills for the job,

You can develop skills by doing voluntary work, I'll give you my personal example. When my OH was signed off as fit for work after 4 years on IB he had no marketable skills and he was in his 50s. He offered to help an animal charity in Rotherham. They rehomed dogs so they wouldn't get put down, and he proved he could handle the animals, communicate with the kennel owners, and that he was a reliable worker who did what was needed to keep the job running. He eventually got paid part time work (not with animals) and I'm sure the reference the charity gave him helped, and the voluntary work helped him build his confidence up enough to go back to work.