Why Are So Many People MOANING About Being Unemployed?

^^^^

Has Nobody Even Read My Posts About Real Employment Levels And The Amount Of Vacancies In The Country???

Its Bloody Impossible!!! For Everybody Who Is Unemployed To Get A Bloody Job! Why Do You Think The Gov Has Been Encouraging Kids To Stay In Education??? Because There Is No Jobs For Them To Do!!!!!!

Plus Kids Going To Uni Has An Extra Bonus Because They Get Like 15 Grand In Debt Which Helps The Economy As It Trickles Down Into The Hands Of Bars And Clubs And Private Land Lords.

God Bless Liberal Britain, I Cant Wait Til This Country Is Reduced To Nothing, The Liberals Have Stopped Fooling Themself And We Can Get Back To Building A Real Nation From Scratch. The Japanese Did It... Why Cant We?

It aint easy finding a job, the jobs just dont exist. Theres 2 million people on job seekers allowance in the UK... with 600,000 vacancies in the WHOLE country. Then theres the millions on disability, all the students in college and UNI studying hopeless degrees and qualifications in media studies and other rubbish.

Ok, nice stats - however I would like to point out that yes there may well be over 200 million job seekers (and yes S6 and the rest of you) many of them are genuine - but I would hazzard a guess at around 40% at least jsut don't want to work - that makes the odds for the 600,000 jobs you talk about a whole lot better surely!

Yes - there are millions on disability (and before any one starts, this is NOT a post having a moan about genuine people claiming disability) however there are alot of people that claim disability WHEN THEY SHOULDN'T - If this was stopped or regulated better then it would mean more money for those that deserve it and less money being wasted on shirkers.

As for Jobs, you statement Jobs don't exist! I really do struggle to comprehend.

Two examples for you now - different scales:

a) mysheffieldjobs.co.uk (this is not an advert but mearly demonstrating my point) today has over 1400 yes 1400 jobs advertised on it! It is a site purely for the sheffield area and covers almost every industry. 1400 jobs!!

b) since this thread has started - six people have contacted via this forum asking for work - I have arranged all six of them an interview - ONLY ONE TURNED UP, none of the others even bothered to ring to let me know - now that is jsut wasting everyones time.

So for those who feel the constant need to defend their unemployed posistion, then feel free - but there are ALWAYS other options.

Stopnsmile

..A lot of agencies posting on the sites you mentioned, advertise vacancies that simply dont exist!

I'm not unemployed but defending those who genuinely are seeking work and have to encounter those with such biased opinions as yourself!

You need to look beneath the surface and re-check your figures mate!

HI EVERYONE,

I keep posting on this thread about how to make money.OK It's not for eveyone,THIS SELLING lark,but if i was out of work and had no money coming in I would give anything a try.

SO stop moaning get in touch and i will show you how it's done.

http://hallmark1.fragrances.fm

Stopnsmile

I'm not unemployed but defending those who genuinely are seeking work and have to encounter those with such biased opinions as yourself!

You need to look beneath the surface and re-check your figures mate!

Sorry, I am not sure I understand you post!

How can I be biased when I arrange all those interviews and only one person turned up?? I myself have used the site I mentioned to advertise and it is NOT cheap to do so. Any company with sense wouldn't pay the amount they ask for if the job didn't exist!! Again after a month on that site - I had very few replies, I think rather then me checking my figures I think that people should try a new mind set - when people are stuck in negative frame of mind - very little happens for them and that seems to be the problem at the moment.

Sorry, been lurking for a while and wanted to put my 2 pence worth. Hehe.

Xangelic... I used to work for and employment agencies and I know a lot of people don't like them and I am not here to get into 'that' argument ... but agencies do have to follow regulations set out by a federation. It isn't comulsory to be a member but you won't get business if you are not. One of the regulations is that you are absolutely NOT allowed to advertise jobs that don't exist. Besides which, its unethical. I would never have done it anyway.

With regards to the statement by stopnsmile that the expense is too much to advertise jobs that do not exist. The thing is a lot of agencies CAN afford to do this, because they advertise so many jobs nationwide they can negotiate a deal where they get unlimited postings for a certain price. So technically it is affordable. but again I don't know of any consultants that would do it. You are risking your job and in the current climate that is not the brightest thing to do.

I would like to put in a big smiley face now to show that I am saying all this with a big smile.... but I dont know how?????

I myself have used the site I mentioned to advertise and it is NOT cheap to do so. Any company with sense wouldn't pay the amount they ask for if the job didn't exist!!

I've spent a bit of time in recruitment.... (I have also been out of work since early September) job advertising sites such as MySheffieldJobs yes do have 1000 plus jobs live.... But I would say 80% of those are through agencies.

The jobs are true, they have to be by law.... But the problem with agencies dealing with the applications is that everyone under the sun will apply for the job but as a consultant someone who doesn't have the skills won't be looked at, because the actual employer is paying over £1000 for their services, so the employer wants the best applicant possible. So a normal applicant doesn’t have a look in (not the agencies for… but the employers’ fault for being so picky) ….

The candidate can't apply directly to the company because the company is kept under wraps until the last moment.

Agencies books are filled with candidates at the moment…….

Going back the cost.... as a single employer it will probably cost you £300 for one ad. An agency pays £600 pcm for unlimited postings so a lot of the jobs posted are just jobs that have been written differently to attract different kinds of candidates.

For example: A Customer Service Advisor position you saw on Tuesday can be re-written as a Customer Service Officer on Wednesday and look like a different job when actually they are the same.

As I said... I have been out of work since September, I would take anything in terms of work, I even thought about pimping myself out!!!!!

The major problem I had was that there was a major decline in my industry. I applied for lower end jobs but recruiters told me that I was over qualified or I would get bored and they thought I would leave, and wouldn’t employ me on that theory.

I have been too proud to go on benefits and I have just made do with what I have... But it is a lot harder to find employment than people think, when I was in employment I thought I would be able to walk into another job.

How wrong was I!!!!

Fortunately after nearly 3 months I start a new job on the 8th December!! :)

The Japanese did it because they and the Germans had billions of dollars given to them by the Americans as part of the Yanks determination not to make the mistakes made after the first world war when we went out of our way to ruin the losers economies by enforced reparations. In this way they ensured that Fascism would not re emerge and democracy would become established. New factories and infrasrtructure replaced that destroyed in the war whilst we were forced to soldier on in dilapidated outdated factories with equally out of date machinery, this coupled with communist backed unions, a labour party heirarchy that included Russian spies and a management frightened to death to take them on.

Meanwhile the Americans ruined us by enforcing any terms they wanted as they held our debts, run up fighting for freedom whilst they sat at home counting their money. Example? Suez. An incident that marked the end of the British Empire and where the USA replaced us as the worlds policeman, havent they done well?

Love her or hate her Margaret Thatcher was the only PM since the 2nd world war that has had this countries interests at heart, not only did she take on the Argies and the unions, both equal enemies of this country, she also took on quietly and behind the scenes the Americans the country that caused us most damage.

To sort the country out she was responsible for the loss of millions of jobs, tough, heartless but necessary. The sort of action that will be needed if this country is to get over this current disaster which is the reponsibility of the Labour party.

^^^^

Has Nobody Even Read My Posts About Real Employment Levels And The Amount Of Vacancies In The Country???

Its Bloody Impossible!!! For Everybody Who Is Unemployed To Get A Bloody Job! Why Do You Think The Gov Has Been Encouraging Kids To Stay In Education??? Because There Is No Jobs For Them To Do!!!!!!

Plus Kids Going To Uni Has An Extra Bonus Because They Get Like 15 Grand In Debt Which Helps The Economy As It Trickles Down Into The Hands Of Bars And Clubs And Private Land Lords.

God Bless Liberal Britain, I Cant Wait Til This Country Is Reduced To Nothing, The Liberals Have Stopped Fooling Themself And We Can Get Back To Building A Real Nation From Scratch. The Japanese Did It... Why Cant We?

The Japanese did it because they and the Germans had billions of dollars given to them by the Americans as part of the Yanks determination not to make the mistakes made after the first world war when we went out of our way to ruin the losers economies by enforced reparations. In this way they ensured that Fascism would not re emerge and democracy would become established. New factories and infrasrtructure replaced that destroyed in the war whilst we were forced to soldier on in dilapidated outdated factories with equally out of date machinery, this coupled with communist backed unions, a labour party heirarchy that included Russian spies and a management frightened to death to take them on.

Meanwhile the Americans ruined us by enforcing any terms they wanted as they held our debts, run up fighting for freedom whilst they sat at home counting their money. Example? Suez. An incident that marked the end of the British Empire and where the USA replaced us as the worlds policeman, havent they done well?

Love her or hate her Margaret Thatcher was the only PM since the 2nd world war that has had this countries interests at heart, not only did she take on the Argies and the unions, both equal enemies of this country, she also took on quietly and behind the scenes the Americans the country that caused us most damage.

To sort the country out she was responsible for the loss of millions of jobs, tough, heartless but necessary. The sort of action that will be needed if this country is to get over this current disaster which is the reponsibility of the Labour party.

Thatcher accelerated Britains decline and New Labour created the false economy we have all been thriving on for the last few years. Both are equally as bad IMO. The country now has no economic backbone, which of course traditionally was it's industrial strength, never mind union knocking, the working class of this country, through the unions, took on the government once too often(unfortunately) and Thatcher made sure they were defeated. Now the people of this country just accept government mis-management and do nothing, that is partly why we are in the state we are now !

^^^^

Brilliant Post Thomas22. :thumbsup: and I mean that, you have hit the nail right on the head with whats wrong with this country.

Realistically, if you want security in this country, in the future you will have to get onto the council for a non job, believe me, in the new year I'm moving from the type of work I do now into one of those non job.

Thomas, In my opinion, you should try to become an MP, as you quite franky have hit the nail on the head, what we need are MPs who can identify the problem and then do something about it.

Sorry, I am not sure I understand you post!

How can I be biased when I arrange all those interviews and only one person turned up?? I myself have used the site I mentioned to advertise and it is NOT cheap to do so. Any company with sense wouldn't pay the amount they ask for if the job didn't exist!! Again after a month on that site - I had very few replies, I think rather then me checking my figures I think that people should try a new mind set - when people are stuck in negative frame of mind - very little happens for them and that seems to be the problem at the moment.

What sort of jobs are you advertising for?

and before you get on one, I'm not unemployed.

MY BOLD

There are many examples of agencys who advertise nothing jobs, you fill out the paperwork (which is often identical to the infprmation you put on your CV) only for there to be no job whatsoever.

^^^^

You didn't comment about the links I posted to 'real' jobs in Sheffield City Council. The two I linked to weren't excessively paid, one was looking after animals, the other helping people. Real jobs. Not asking for degrees etc. Councils regularly advertise jobs like these on their websites, not just jobs in management. In my experience, local authorities are reasonably good at fair recruitment. I've worked for two, both with a diverse workforce, and by that I mean a mix of gender, ages, ethnicities and people with disabilities.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=4344702&postcount=49