Why Are So Many People MOANING About Being Unemployed?

I would if I could, but most of the good jobs in IT want Graduates.

Get off it rich!

I've got a flippin good job (IMO) in IT and I've only got GCSE's!

There’s always a cop-out :suspect:, those that want to work will because they don’t want to be sat at home watching . Jeremy Kyle

There’s always a cop-out :suspect:, those that want to work will because they don’t want to be sat at home watching Jeremy Kyle

I think your right Malky

People can always find excuses etc if they want to, for example;too late, too early, not my cup of tea, I wouldn't do that for a job, too far to travel, too hard a work etc etc

I have jsut been trawling and within 20 mins I have counted over 700 full time jobs advertised in different industrys - more than half of these would be willing to accept people with little or no experiance, all for work in and around the the City.

But as you say, sometimes watching Jeremy Kyle in bed seems so much more appealing.

What no reply to my post or questions ??? What’s wrong weren’t we expecting an intelligent, articulate response that could conflict with your opinion ??

I have alway said..... "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"...at last we have living proof that I was right!

Thanks for the confirmation!

Sheffield S6

What no reply to my post or questions ??? What’s wrong weren’t we expecting an intelligent, articulate response that could conflict with your opinion ??

I have alway said..... "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"...at last we have living proof that I was right!

Thanks for the confirmation!

Sheffield S6

If you are as “intelligent and articulate” as you claim to be you will not be queuing at the job centre for long will you:roll: , after all we wouldn’t want you to end up “making sure all the labels on the tins you just stacked all face the same way”

In the meantime perhaps you could continue to post lengthy posts that nobody reply to content that you now have “living proof” :huh:that you are right.

Oooohhh, so my shelf stacking comment appears to have hit a nerve eh?, why could that be I wonder??

Still... the lack of an articulate, well researched and argued point is exactly what I expected, so no shock there....At least we are now getting somewhere and we can at least add hypocrisy to pompous and judgemental....Who was it that said ? "Attack an argument, but not a poster"....dear, dear have you no standards?

Oh yes, incidentally you have spelled “argument” incorrectly in your signature box, you know, while were picking fault and all!....Oooh….there’s a thought…perhaps you could offer me employment as your English Tutor…then again…maybe not eh!

And please, don’t even attempt to judge where I would fit in the current job market, as you have no comprehension of my academic status nor any idea of my working background, other than what could possibly be gleaned from my previous posts, which is hardly representative of my experience and abilities.

So....let's not attempt to turn this in to a pi****g contest shall we? As you will no doubt, invariably find, that you are facing a gale my friend!

Sheffield S6

It seems like you are the one with the raw nerve my friend

PS

I think you will find swearing, masked or not isn’t allowed, probably just as well as your last comment leaves me baffled and confused:huh:, best leave it at that . :wave:

Baffled and confused??....Didn’t take much!

What can I say? I'm devastated! And to mask the word pidling so as not to cause offence will surely cause less offence than your attitude.... at least I offered consideration for others.

Ooops I typed pidling without masking it...oops there I go again...where is my brain?...Now THAT must be why I'm unemployed eh?

How about this for a solution? abandon the welfare state, issue food stamps to avoid starvation and build tent cities to accomodate those without homes.

See how attractive the Minimum Wage and service jobs are then.

Yeah good idea...in fact why not just bring back Zyklon B for the unemployed and homeless and see how attractive the minimum wage is to them then eh ?...If I remember rightly someone tried that once before…let me see… who was it ?

3 or 4 years ago I used to employ 10 people in my Company and I earned in excess of £1,500 per week as my wage...have you any idea how much Tax and National insurance I used to pay on that weekly amount? So what exactly were my and everyone else’s payments for, if not for eventualities such as this, where we need to take a little back?

Let’s just see then, because if as predicted, unemployment could well triple over the next 2 years and should you ever become a statistic, let’s see how quickly your perspective changes then….Walk a mile in my shoes etc, etc…

All I am saying is where is the empathy? No two lives are ever the same so why not have a little compassion and stop judging people on circumstances that they can never fully comprehend. Everyone is entitled to a point of view and quite rightly so, but is discretion not the better part of valour….

This person is supposed to be a perspective employer but who the hell is ever going to go to them for employment when it is clear how small minded and ignorant they are to other people’s lives.

Yes there are the ones out there who exploit the system and they should be ashamed of them selves, but what makes people think they can tar everyone with same brush?

Not so many years ago people used to think that people from local British Islands were all thick and that people from other warm climates all wore bones in their noses…this is utter crap and we all know it is and that’s why Laws were brought in to place to protect people from such ignorance…so why start a thread which is tantamount to making the same sort of comments in this, so called, modern day and age?

What amuses me is that this thread was started by someone moaning, about someone else moaning…so are they not just moaning themselves and therefore no better that the people who they are moaning about?

In addition, someone thinks it is fine to criticise over a Million British people but if they think someone just might have masked a word that could possibly have been a minor swear word, then they want to take the moral high ground and play on forum rules to support their ignorant argument.

Sorry but I am disgusted !!!

well i think wen its play time we should all go out fo fight hehe