What's the most beautiful song?

Originally posted by komal

The song "god only knows"

I have a cover of it by the beach boys and its sweet

What a disaster! I've got loads of copies of 'Pet Sounds', please let me gi.., er send you one. Many people have tried to cover this song - all have failed. Carl Wilson had by far the loveliest voice in the Beach Boys. I sincerely hope there isn't anyone out there who thinks The Beatles did a 'sweet' cover of 'Strawberry Fields Forever'....

My favourite song at the moment is 'Deacon Blues' by Steely Dan (in spite of the fact one of the most terrible bands in history took their name from it).

Surely it isn't simply the song which makes you cry, it's what you associate with it, hence the accounts of people collapsing in supermarkets when a piece of music reminds them of someone they hold dear.

I note the thread is entitled 'Whats (sic) the most beautiful song'. In that case, it will have to be 'Blue' by Joni Mitchell.

"The luckiest" by "Ben Folds" is one of the most beautifully crafted songs i've ever heard...

its a real tearjerker.....one for your lady

trouble by coldplay. i was feeling very upset and wasnt properly listening to it(cos it was on in the car) but then suddenly for some reason i heard, "they spun a web for me" it really hit me because it was so true to my situation and although i dint start crying it was quite spooky that i happened to listen to that bit. its a very beautiful song and is chilling and happy at the same time.

Theres a song by a guy with a beard and a gruff voice, in the video he's sat in a New York apartment playing a piano - one of the lines goes something like:

'We've got forever, so come take my hand'

'Lets make this night last forever ' etc . . .

don't know the title but it's a great song.

Also the most beautiful song ever is:- 'Hallelujah'

Does anybody know the song Im on about in my last post .. . . .it keeps going round in my head now, ever since I thought of it!! :mad:

Originally posted by LordSnooty

I sincerely hope there isn't anyone out there who thinks The Beatles did a 'sweet' cover of 'Strawberry Fields Forever'....

Yeah, they did a fairly nice rendition of it. Nowhere near as beautiful as the Ben Harper version, from the I Am Sam soundtrack.

theres this song on eternal sunshine of spotless mind, goes like this.. i neeeed your loving, does anyone know what this is please!!???

everybody's gotta learn sometimes by beck (originally by the korgi's)- agree that its absolutely beautiful and can reduce me to tears even on a good day!

Originally posted by emmwalker

everybody's gotta learn sometimes by beck (originally by the korgi's)- agree that its absolutely beautiful and can reduce me to tears even on a good day!

is that the one? aw nice1! :D

that kinda made me cry when watching the film..

Originally posted by Lestat

Theres a song by a guy with a beard and a gruff voice, in the video he's sat in a New York apartment playing a piano - one of the lines goes something like:

'We've got forever, so come take my hand'

'Lets make this night last forever ' etc . . .

don't know the title but it's a great song.

Also the most beautiful song ever is:- 'Hallelujah'

I think the song you mean is "We've got Tonight" by Kenny Rodgers. I've been listening to Steve Wright too much!:P

StarSparkle

PS You're spot on with "Hallelujah" - definitely the most beautiful song ever :thumbsup:

the first time ver i saw your face - roberta flack.

teary eyes every time for me.

Originally posted by willman

the first time ver i saw your face - roberta flack.

Yes! The original version, by Ewan MacColl, is pretty good too, but the most moving version of this song I ever heard was at a gig in London by a band called Betty, about ten years ago. Gorgeous.