What's the most beautiful song?

In a forum about the most beautiful songs ever, I didn't expect to see the Cardiacs mentioned. But yeah, I saw wm support Wildhearts n they were great.

...just a shame they very rarely venture north of the River Thames.

On a serious, or as serious as I get, note The Johnny Cash version of Hurt is good.

I like the Danzig song Blood and Tears from Lucifuge, though it is cheesy. He also did a good song for the 'Less Than Zero' soundtrack called You and Me.

Yes. I'm a big Danzig fan.

Originally posted by Morte

Oh and the Cardiacs are possibly one of the best live acts in the world.

Yup, and they have been at least since I first saw them 20 years ago (actually, they were more fun when there were hundreds of them onstage, albeit not quite as tight as they are nowadays).

I took a couple of friends to see them when they played at the Leadmill a few months ago, and was surprised that despite the fact that both friends have far more conservative musical tastes than me, they also said that the Cardiacs were the best live act in the world (no "possibly").

And while we're on the subject of beautiful songs: Cardiacs "Whole World Window". Makes me cry every time (though never quite as much as the first time, when the confetti bomb exploded, the flower bouqets were presented onstage, and the mosh-pit became one big sweaty pool of love).

Originally posted by Morte

...just a shame they very rarely venture north of the River Thames.

Not true, in fact I've never seen them play South of the Thames, even though they hail from Kingston (close to my own stomping ground).

North of Watford, now that's a different matter!

I my opinion, Imagine by John Lennon is the most beautiful piece of music ever written.

Nothing comes near it for me.

i love amazed by lonestar.when i was younger endless love always used to bring a lump to my throat

Originally posted by DanSumption

Yup, and they have been at least since I first saw them 20 years ago (actually, they were more fun when there were hundreds of them onstage, albeit not quite as tight as they are nowadays).

I saw a band called The Cardiacs at the Marquee in London about 15 years ago. I thought they were the most disturbing band I'd ever seen. Not because they were bad or nasty lyrics etc but because their music had time signatures all over the place. It made very uneasy listening. I'm not sure if it's the same outfit though.

Mazzy Star, 'Fade into You'

Originally posted by Cols

I saw a band called The Cardiacs at the Marquee in London about 15 years ago. I thought they were the most disturbing band I'd ever seen. Not because they were bad or nasty lyrics etc but because their music had time signatures all over the place. It made very uneasy listening. I'm not sure if it's the same outfit though.

Sounds like The Cardiacs to me...It's interesting some people react negatively to the Cardiacs, I know some people who can't be in the same room when a Cardiacs CD is on.

George Michael's "Careless Whisper" and Don McLean's version of "American Pie".....the first revives memories of a previous love, and the second....I've always liked it...no other reason!