What's the most beautiful song?

Guest thebodgie

This song just randomly popped in my head a couple of mins ago but really is fantastic:

Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

Was it Guns N' Roses that sang "Every Rose Has it's Thorns?" Don't remember, but that is a very beautiful song. Either that or Aerosmith's "Don't Wanna Miss A THing!"

Originally posted by alex9005

Was it Guns N' Roses that sang "Every Rose Has it's Thorns?"

No I think it was Poison.

Every rose has it's thorn,

every night has it's dawn

Sorry but that's a bit too crass to be a classic.

I was once haunted by my clock radio which woke me up one morning in 1991 with a perfectly cued up "Man with the child in his eyes" by Kate Bush.

I couldn't get the song out of my head, and bought her greatest hits on my way home that night, which I played so much it wore out my CD player. And Man with a Child in his eyes is such a Beatiful song.

Originally posted by muddycoffee

No I think it was Poison.

Every rose has it's thorn,

every night has it's dawn

Sorry but that's a bit too crass to be a classic.

I was once haunted by my clock radio which woke me up one morning in 1991 with a perfectly cued up "Man with the child in his eyes" by Kate Bush.

I couldn't get the song out of my head, and bought her greatest hits on my way home that night, which I played so much it wore out my CD player. And Man with a Child in his eyes is such a Beatiful song.

That is a beautiful song, Muddycoffee.

I didn't like it at all when it was first released, but then I heard it on the radio about a year ago, and found it very moving. I listened properly to the words, and understood what the song was about for the first time. Another of those songs that makes me feel tearful, in a good way!

StarSparkle - really going soppy :D

Originally posted by Cols

The song I'd choose is "The Man With the Child In His Eyes" by Kate Bush. Brings a tear to my eyes but don't know why.

Quoting myself here but as I've said, it moves me even though I don't understand the lyrics. Care to elaborate a bit ....

Incredible if you believe the fact that she was only 14 when she wrote it.

Originally posted by Cols

Quoting myself here but as I've said, it moves me even though I don't understand the lyrics. Care to elaborate a bit ....

Incredible if you believe the fact that she was only 14 when she wrote it.

It's difficult to put into words, Cols. I take her to be singing about someone she loves very much, who retains an innocence and freshness about them that is rare in an adult. This person could be any age, but they can still view the world as a child does, someone who can look at the world as a place of wonder and beauty.

This childlike quality in someone is beautiful and can be very moving, not least because of its rarity. The person concerned is a rare flower to be treasured - but can easily be hurt and damaged by an insensitive world. Kate's obvious concern for him is very moving.

Kate sings of this man with great love and tenderness - whatever his age, in many ways he is still a child.

That's just my interpretation - perhaps it says as much about me as it does the actual song?

StarSparkle :)

Possibly the most meaningful record for me is no longer important

Kate Bush - more or less her entire oeuvre.

Flaming Lips - Do you realise

ELO - Blue Sky

Nina Simone - Feeling Good

Sibelius - Finlandia

Ravi Shankar - Raga Jogiya

Frank Zappa - Sharleena

Originally posted by DanSumption

The other song that always touches me also encompasses an entire life, and is one that nobody here is likely to have heard of, by a band that nobody will have heard of: Largelife by Lake of Puppies.

Do you like the Cardiacs by any chance? Sea Nymphs?

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

Do you like the Cardiacs by any chance? Sea Nymphs?

Heh, was the Pope Catholic?

Agadoo is beutiful in every way.

Are you the one I've been waiting for? - Nick Cave

Melancholic & hopeful at the same time.

Oh and the Cardiacs are possibly one of the best live acts in the world.