Congrats! Alfie has arrived!

need to pick our lass up shes having contractions i no where hospital is but wat road is jessops on so i can put it in sat nav help please

good luck pal second floor labour ward and 24 hr triage reception :thumbsup:

Good luck and all that - but did you not think to maybe try a trial run to Jessops so you knew where it was? You've only had 9 Months!!

I was planning my route the day after being told I was going to be a dad!

5cm means that mum's cervix is dilated to 5cm across. When not delivering a baby it's closed, at delivery it's approximately 10cm, so she's got half way there and then her body's stopped.

Ok, bear with me ..... by the time I've finished typing this the new arrival may have got here .....

Ex-MrsHH and I had been to a do when she was very heavily pregnant with our second mini-HH. We got back at whatever-o'clock, and obviously ex-Mrs HH was rather tired, with it being the wee hours, and so she went to bed.

I decided the night hadn't been traditionally finished, so I dug up a video with Dave Allen doing stand up, but beforehand was 'An Audience With Victoria Wood', so I watched both with a couple more 'hop squashes' (there is a point to all this .....)

Anyway, just after that, as I was going to bed myself, the video of United beating Coventry on penalties came on, and I'd never seen it on the TV before (having been in the ground at the time), so I got another 'hop squash' and watched our quarter-final victory until I celebrated again, and eventually went to Non-Snoreland at 5.45.

At 6.30, I was woken up to a wet bed, and the dulcet tones of Ex-Mrs HH saying "Guess what?!?!". A certain pandemonium began as she started with heavier, and quicker contractions, and neither of us drive, and a taxi wasn't a possibility, so we called an ambulance.

Some 90-100 minutes later, there was no sign, and so we called again, as apologetically as possible. The lady on the other end of the line answered our enquiry with "We are very busy, you know. You know what day it is, don't you?". I politely replied in the affirmative, and said that the contractions were getting closer and closer. Rather in a huff (it will have been a long night), she said "How far apart are they?", and I said

"About 30 seconds."

"It's on its way love ....."

Sure enough, it was, and the staff were fantastic. Mini-HH#1 was sorted out with care - the poor girl was petrified. Well, what would you think if you saw your mother in the final stages of labour with no anaesthetic of any sort? Exactly 30 minutes after arrival at the old Jessops, mini-HH#2 was delivered at 8.58am. The reason for the do, and the delays, and the amount of work for the medical teams?

She was born on New Year's Day, 2000. Couldn't have timed it worse.

The whole point of all that was to say that when we were in the ambulance, a little check was done, and she was about 8cm dilated. In less than half an hour, not only was she fully dilated, but our second daughter had appeared!

still no news folks, no more pains weve rang them and they want us to go in tommorow just so they can have a check,

I was in labour 49 hours with my son, was stuck at 6cms for around 15 of those, until they broke my waters - that soon got him moving! It can often take hours and hours, try not to despair.

A x

Marksteeler, I congratulate you on fatherhood, and have to say that I honestly, fervently and truthfully consider that you have set an example for us all on how to prepare for such an event. :hihi:

I was in labour 49 hours with my son, was stuck at 6cms for around 15 of those, until they broke my waters - that soon got him moving! It can often take hours and hours, try not to despair.

A x

God yes I know how you feel! I started labour on a Sunday morning, which was ok in the day but painful by late SUnda night,and my daughter didn't arrive until Tuesday 1.45pm! Lonnnng time!!! I was blummin knackered!

God yes I know how you feel! I started labour on a Sunday morning, which was ok in the day but painful by late SUnda night,and my daughter didn't arrive until Tuesday 1.45pm! Lonnnng time!!! I was blummin knackered!

Similar to me I went in to hospital on sunday tea time ( I had been contracting at home for 12 hrs) my Son didn't arrive until 16;16pm on Tuesday.

They thought I would be super quick too as my Daughter (my first born) was born within 3 hours on contractions starting.

My Son was 10lb's though :o

Good luck to the OP I hope it happens very soon for your OH, I bet she is proper tired now. Look after her! XXX

OMG good luck pal, did you not know that there is an unwritten law that you MUST do at least 10 trial runs at different times of the day? lol :)