Owdlad and his occupation. What do you tell people?

I often read owdlad's posts. Some of them are very amusing. I checked on his profile and he states his Occupation as a "retired goosbury shaver".:hihi:

One of my younger brothers is a highly skilled electrician. He is also a biker….long hair…leathers (Leather and Simpson)……and Triumph Bonny, which he bought new and paid cash for in 1979.

When people ask him what is his trade/job etc…he sometimes tells them he is a road sweeper and that he is very proud of his well maintained brush and cart. :D

What have you told people you do for a living?

bannana bender , thatsone ive heard.:heyhey: :heyhey:

I used to tell girls that I was a shepherd. You'd be amazed how many believed me. If they did, it was great conversation maker as it fascinated them.

They would often ask me if I could do the special whistles, but I told them I had an electronic device that made the noises, this got me out of a tight spot as I can't whistle for the life of me.

My dad used to tell my friends his job was putting the jelly in pork pies :gag: He actually was a nurse at this point!

K x

I used to be a wheel-tapper's listener then I beacame a wringer-out for a one-armed window cleaner.

Originally posted by stevie1957

I often read owdlad's posts. Some of them are very amusing. I checked on his profile and he states his Occupation as a "retired goosbury shaver".:hihi:

One of my younger brothers is a highly skilled electrician. He is also a biker….long hair…leathers (Leather and Simpson)……and Triumph Bonny, which he bought new and paid cash for in 1979.

When people ask him what is his trade/job etc…he sometimes tells them he is a road sweeper and that he is very proud of his well maintained brush and cart. :D

What have you told people you do for a living?

Thanks for the compliment stevie:blush: I had the best job title in the world and I even tried to get it onto my passport, but the Customs gadgers sent it back with engineer on it. The job title was "Tool setter in a screwing shop" I jest ye not. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by owdlad

Thanks for the compliment stevie:blush: I had the best job title in the world and I even tried to get it onto my passport, but the Customs gadgers sent it back with engineer on it. The job title was "Tool setter in a screwing shop" I jest ye not. :thumbsup:

Now that is what I call a JOB! :)

Originally posted by beansforyou

I used to be a wax cast injection moulder, if thats any good?

Tell me more please. I once had a wax casts of both my hands..they came out green.....it was good fun on halloween...:)

I once managed to convince my friend that i was a time lord and ic ould move backward and forward in time at will. And they believed me!!!!

I tell people I'm a "software engineer" as it sounds a bit more butch than "computer programmer".

I'm a freelance writer...mainly beacause I haven't found anyone who'll pay me for it as of yet!