What has happened to portofino's

Its just disappeared - i can't believe such a good restaurant has gone, Chesterfield Road now has none before Woodseats except the nearby but unfriendly Al Carretto

Its just disappeared - i can't believe such a good restaurant has gone, Chesterfield Road now has none before Woodseats except the nearby but unfriendly Al Carretto

A new restaurant is to open from October called The Bay Tree.We are going there for our Christmas meal.

Davido sold up. We're gutted as we used to be in there at least once or twice a week. The pizzas were fantastic.

I agree- I am now going to wander over to Abbeydale road to find something!

If you find anything as good as Portofino, Let me know!

This Bay Tree restaurant appears to be good,looking at the spread for the Christmas meal we are getting!!

And all for £19.50 which is reasonable.

I seem to remember reports of a fire there :confused:

if you're talking about the one next to the bohemian..which is a great restaurant! lol

they didn't sell up and go it got burnt down and they were losing all their money anyway

ohhh ok I thought you meant pachinos..nevermind

Davido sold up. We're gutted as we used to be in there at least once or twice a week. The pizzas were fantastic.

Does anybody know why? Has he gone elsewhere, back to Italy (can't think why!) or saw the credit crunch comin? :suspect:

Does anybody know why? Has he gone elsewhere, back to Italy (can't think why!) or saw the credit crunch comin? :suspect:

he sold because he wanted a change of scene, i believe hes oppening another restaurant with the same chefs near rotherham

he sold because he wanted a change of scene, i believe hes oppening another restaurant with the same chefs near rotherham
So Healey wasn't scenic enough ehh? :o:P

If you or anybody else knows where the new place is please post it as it was a good Italian and he was a nice guy, I'd like to try his new place...