Chunk of plastic found in Fish Finger

Are you sure it's plastic? Could it not be a fish bone of some sort?

Are you sure it's plastic? Could it not be a fish bone of some sort?

I thought it was a bone when it was in my mouth but no. It's a trangular piece of sharp plastic. It's clear. It looks like the edging from some sort of container. It reminds me of the corner of a take away tray. The clear microwave safe ones.

Once my mum had some fishfingers and it had a bit of plastic in it she told the company and they gave her some highstreet voucheres I hope you get it sorted out.

No I wont be boycotting Birdseye but just would take it as an insult should they think I want money off/vouchers for more of their products when I literally wanted to puke there and then :gag:

This could happen with anything. I know that much. I just don't want it overlooked or fobbed off thats all :)

So, let me get this straight, you would still buy Birdseye food, but wouldn't want any compensation by way of money off their products?

That's a bit daft isn't it?

I once had exactly the same thing in a co-op sarni. I was at work at the time and one of the guy's had a look at it for me (we work in the products side of the food industry) and he told me that it looked like a piece of plastic that had snapped and broken off the conveyor.

I photographed it, and then sellotaped it to a letter and sent it in. Got a fist full of vouchers to say sorry! :P

I'd refuse to accept anything for more of their products. I've always liked and trusted Birdseye but I think it'll be a while before I want to eat their stuff again. I'm aware it's a one off and very rare but I'd be insulted by an offer of "here, we nearly choked you, eat more of our stuff"

I have the box, know when and where I bought it and plenty of info for them so hopefully they can investigate this matter fully.

I actually feel sick today.

Get a grip! Next you'll be saying you have been serously mentally damaged, need time off work for stress, ooh- and some serious cash to get over it all. :loopy:

I thought it was a bone when it was in my mouth but no. It's a trangular piece of sharp plastic. It's clear. It looks like the edging from some sort of container. It reminds me of the corner of a take away tray. The clear microwave safe ones.

Still sounds like a fish bone to me. Which is more likely than a piece of invading plastic. Occam's razor applies.

Still sounds like a fish bone to me. Which is more likely than a piece of invading plastic. Occam's razor applies.

I wonder how many people have just googled "Occam's razor"?!

Get a grip! Next you'll be saying you have been serously mentally damaged, need time off work for stress, ooh- and some serious cash to get over it all. :loopy:

It was obvious from the start where this one was going !

Now did I say I felt sick due to that? No! Did I ever mention I wanted cash compensation? NO!!!!!

:loopy:

It was obvious from the start where this one was going !

Of course. Nothing to do with the fact it could have killed a child and I'm concerned :rolleyes: