Aston Leisure Centre. Now Open ! (Swimming, gym, dance studio and more !)

The brand new Aston Leisure Centre is now open !

It is situated straight next to Aston Comprehensive School, Aston cum Aughton and opened yesterday, 17th September.

It features a large range of modern facilities including:

*2 swimming pools

*Mirrored dance studio

*Sports halls

*Large gym

*And more !

You can apply for a membership too and there are Boxfit, Yoga, Aerobics and Aquafit classes daily, throughout the whole day.

You can pick up leaflets from within the entrance.

Please note: The old swimming baths at Aston Comprehensive are now closed.

anyone a member yet? what do people think to it?

Not impressed. Daughter went for swimming lessons in the 'paddling pool' 5 year old and it only came up to her waist. The other pool housed 3 classes at the same time. Poor car parking, thought it must go round the back but it didnt.

*Large gym

Really? Its tiny!

They only have about 25 pieces of equipment. Hope they don't get too many people wanting to join.

Really? Its tiny!

They only have about 25 pieces of equipment. Hope they don't get too many people wanting to join.

maybe she works there and is tryin to plug it?! :hihi::hihi:

Haha ! :hihi:

No, I don't work there but I've been there a couple of times now.

I think the gym actually has 30 pieces of equipment, so I meant it was pretty big equipment-wise. I think there can only actually be 10 people in each class though, so that's pretty rubbish.

I haven't been in the swimming pools yet, but I've seen them from the dance studio. Personally, I thought the smaller pool was actaully very small and I think it was all only one height and quite shallow from the looks of it but the bigger pool looked great ! :D

You don't have to become a member either, you can just turn up and pay I think, but it's first-come-first-served so you have to be quick ! Haha :D

Hi just to let you all know that Waterstars run children's swimming lessons at Wales Primary School which is just down the road, the classes are very small and they have people in the water with the children http://www.waterstars.co.uk tel 01302 867938

What are the membership prices at Aston?

I phoned the other day and its £32 per month, which i dont see as too bad but to be honest i have never been or rang any other gym.