Changing kitchen units etc - advice please

that doesn't actually look too problematic

get a testerpot of a suitable colour to dab on the chipped bits of end tape on the worktops, just to make them less obvious, clear EVERYTHING off the worktops - including the dish drainer (well leave the kettle and toaster obviously)

As you have nice solid wood doors I'd just paint them. Use a gloss roller for the flat parts and a brush for the beading. Don't faff about sanding them, use ESP or similar primer which replaces sanding. Replace the handles

I'd choose a shade of off white for the doors I think - carefully matching with a colour from the worktops

that doesn't actually look too problematic

get a testerpot of a suitable colour to dab on the chipped bits of end tape on the worktops, just to make them less obvious, clear EVERYTHING off the worktops - including the dish drainer (well leave the kettle and toaster obviously)

As you have nice solid wood doors I'd just paint them. Use a gloss roller for the flat parts and a brush for the beading. Don't faff about sanding them, use ESP or similar primer which replaces sanding. Replace the handles

I'd choose a shade of off white for the doors I think - carefully matching with a colour from the worktops

Agree with you there Strix the kitchen does not look too bad at all to me.

Thanks guys that's really helpful! There's no end tape on the worktops, it's down to a kind of rough wood so not sure if that would paint and be an ok result, but will look into it. The worktop is grey with peach and cream flecks - nice! With regard to painting the doors, what's ESP?

Oh, and I took the photos just after I'd washed up - when I have a viewing I clear everything away! Just wanted to clarify that I don't leave it looking like that when people are coming round!

what you're going for is overall impression, so just diverting attention away from the problem end pieces will be fine. If it was a pattern you could easily find currently, I'd advise using an iron to remove the tape and replacing it with some purchased from a DIY store

ESP is Easy Surface Preparation. It's a liquid you paint on, leave to dry for about 20 mins, then apply your usual primer or undercoat. You'll need at least two coats of undercoat to cover well if you're doing white

I only mentioned the washing rack as you'd be surprised how many people just don't think 'uncluttered'!