Changing kitchen units etc - advice please

I only have a small kitchen with two base units with double doors and one base unit with a single door and drawer above. They are a really old fashioned pine style and I think changing them to something more modern will help sell my house (it's currently on the market). The worktops are also really old fashioned and they are chipped, plus I have a built in oven and hob that's not in the best condition. I can't afford to change the whole kitchen but am wondering whether to just change the doors/drawer, worktops and oven/hob - how easy is this to do? Are the doors easy to fit? How expensive would it be to do a/ just to doors/drawer and b/ to do the whole of the above?

Thanks,

Kathryn

If its only a 'do up' to sell, why dont you paint the door/draw fronts (cream would look nice) and invest in some new worktops?

shop next to perfect touch in woodseats does kitchen door refits. Not tried them but probably would next time.

Do a search for "Sheffield sustainable kitchens"

b&q do the wood grain paint thing you paint the doors and then run a tool down it to make lines , sounds crazy but looks great.

work tops are fairly cheap but if you swop them there is a good chance you make need to re tile round them,

also think about swopping the sink they are also cheap 40 pound should do it and a new tap maybe ..

then a lick of paint and it will look like new.

problem is you can end up making it look like you're trying to hide something . If it's that small then a new kitchen may just sell the house.

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I can't afford a new kitchen - it's just out of the question. As for things like new worktop, sink etc., who would I get to do this? Would the shop I buy it from do it? Or would I need a workman to do this?

Sorry about all questions but I've never done this before and am not exactly a DIY guru!

Thanks!

B&Q offer the service but you`ll find it cheaper just getting a handyman/workman in yourself to do the job.

Stick an ad in the jobs section on here outlining what you want, I`m sure someone will answer it!

you can get work top from loads of places, B&Q, Wicks, kitchen shops, they even sell it on ebay but you'll need a chippy or handyman to fit it

send me details for a free quote

sounds like change tops,sink,taps and possabley make doors good

What is your budget Kathryn out of interest.

kathryn - can you post pics at all? save us giving conflicting general advice

just park them on photobucket or similar and post us the link