Organic/Eco friendly T-shirt printing Can it be done?

Does anyone know if there is a company in sheffield who do t-shirt printing but are able to supply Organic t-shirts and eco friendly printing?

Sleep Well

I used to have a country crafts book which showed you how to make dyes and fixers out of veggies and stuff. None of it was proper pigment, so it would only really work on white fabric.

Hi,

I would be able to supply organic t -shirts. I'm not sure of anyone doing organic printing though.

Regards

We are a promotional gift company and we source and get branding and printing done on exactly this....we can get hold of recycled plastic bottle T'shirts (yes I kid you not!) and also the organic T's as well. The link to my site is on my signature and we supply the full range of business gifts locally and nationally. I hope I havent missed the boat as only just spotted this thread. Cheers

There is a company which was founded and based in sheffield, they're called bag it don't bin it, they do all sorts of stuff sourced from organic fair trade cottons with environmentally friendly printing, you could try them - they may be able to help.

Or a better way of putting Eco Smarts last posting would be......try SCM and Bag it dont bin it and see who is cheaper / better service, better product...I understood what Eco Smart was getting at really....tee hee!

Hey,

Check out Leighmans.com where you will find various range of promotional clothing with either screen printing, embroidery or transfer printing.

Hope, it will be helpful for you.

Thanks...

Organic T-shirt? you mean organic fabric?And eco friendly printing is not quite hard,I think.

Hi,

I would be able to supply organic t -shirts. I'm not sure of anyone doing organic printing though.

Regards

I can't see you getting a reasonable life out of organic printing. The next best would be manual screen printing using long life inks.

I suppose you would have to consider the environmental impact of the shirt with a short life against the impact of one printed in non organic inks but with a longer life. The biodegradability of the material is only one factor. You have to consider the energy use in making and disposing of a short life item.

Why would an organic t shirt be more biodegradable than an non organic t shirt? They don't wear out any quicker.