Coinstar machines

Has anyone got any experiences of the coinstar machines, like the ones in Asda, handsworth and Sainsbury' s peaks?

I've got a tub of coins, but not sure whether to use them or not? do they take their charge off?

Sxx :help:

i think they take something like 7p per pound or 7p per lot not sure which it is

They're quite handy if you can't get to the bank, but i know that HSBC have coin machines for paying in. Which is free :)

Look at it this way, if you have something like £12 in copper, you'll get charged about a quid for the convenience of changing it while you do your shopping, with no need to go anywhere else.

If you have a lot more, then the total commission goes up and up....

I have used them but the best bet is to use the ones that are appearing in banks - they dont charge you. I bank with HSBC and the fargate branch (near next) has one. I would expect other banks have them but not exactly done a survery.

I would do a reccie before carrying your coins all way around town though.

Has anyone got any experiences of the coinstar machines, like the ones in Asda, handsworth and Sainsbury' s peaks?

I've got a tub of coins, but not sure whether to use them or not? do they take their charge off?

They make a REYT racket so everyone stares and count as slowly as possible to keep you stood there feeling foolish. ;)

In tescos they donate a percentage to charity if you want cash.

I usually accpet a voucher to spend in-store which has nothing taken off it.

they are not bad there is also one in peaks. you have to swap the vouchers on the same day or you can use them to do shopping with. i save them up and then when its tiime for holidays let my young one use the machine and get what he wants with the voucher

The one in Asda gives you a voucher for the money which you have to spend in Asda so if you want the cash you should go to the bank.

ive used the one at mossirons ecclesfield,

it only counted £40,

id put £50 in (id pre counted and bagged it up into 5 £10 bags:P)

i complained,and had to speak to a bloke on the phone (its inside the machine)

about a week later when the total in the machine was totted up,i got the £10 back,

but i know plenty of others that have used the coinstar machines and had no problems,

JJ..

I love these machines, a while back i took all my copper that had been hanging around for ages to the one at asda and was surprised to find there was about £150, yeah they charge you a small percentage but its a lot easier than taking it all to the bank for me as i work all week and do all my banking online