• 1.2GHz+
    • 1.6GHz+
    • 2GHz+
    • 2.4GHz+
    • 2.8gGHz+
    • 3.2GHz+
    • 3.4GHz+
    • 3.6GHz+

Just another poll from me, thought of this one whilst reading through some posts, just wondering really,

Feel free to add specific details if you want I just want to get a overall view of PC specs!

I run:

Intel P4 3.4GHz Extreme Edition

1024Mb Ram

Single 250Gb Hard Drive

ATI Radeon 256Mb Graphics Card

19"TFT Monitor

2 standard Monitor Speakers(hoping to upgrade to Dolby 2.1 with Sub)

2 CD-Roms-

DVD re-writer 16x Dual Layer 52x CD-R

Standard 52x

Multimedia Card Reader(Built in)

I bought it quite recently for £1,200, not a bad buy IMO

:D

mines 2.6+ you havent got that one in your list :rolleyes:

previously i had a 550 bag of poo that i got from pc world until 2 years ago i realised building it yourself wasent really rocket science and saves you a ton! easy upgrades as well :)

im just about to double my harddrive to 240gig ...have recently made ram 1024 as well...cant be arsed with tft...ok they look nice but i want screen size..dont care how far back the thing goes...and im not spending 150 quid to get same screen size i already had...so its a brand new £55 quid 17" monitor i got instead.

Dolby 5.1....linked to marantz amplifier and mordaunt short speakers (my 2nd stereo system...not havin all computer gubbins in living room where my really gud stuff is)

52x cd writer

4x dvd writer

and lots of blue and red lights :cool:

all cost a hell of a lot less than pc world (grrrrr)

Oooooops ... mine is a 2.2 GHZ and I selected 1.6 in the poll by accident.

Athlon xp2400+ in an Abit NF7s Rev2 motherboard,with a thermalright SP97 and 92mm fan,custom northbridge cooler and MOSFET heatsinks, overclocked to 2.4ghz.

1gb ddr400 mushkin black ram, in dual channel (would post the timings but I cant remember and cant be arsed to look in the BIOS)

Geforce fx5900xt, bios modded into a 5950ultra

180gb hard drive space (1x60gb and 1x120gb)

2x Pioneer DVR108 DVD-RWs

Fortron FSP550 power supply

All housed in a quiet Jeantech case, 120mm fans front and rear, built in rheostat and filter, and with the neatest wiring job youll ever see :thumbsup:

19" CRT monitor, at 1280x1024x85hz

Yamaha 2.1 speakers

depends what you mean by speed ;) mines running at 2.2ghz, which is apperently equivilent to a 3.2ghz pentium.... but meh whatever...

XP2500 overclocked to XP3200

1Gb RAM

Nvidia 6600GT graphics card...

and bugger it, cant be arsed with the rest, what difference does it make? its not what you've got it what you do with it :P

and most of you have super machines for word processing and surfing net... lol

mine's used for 3D modelling, image editing, playing games, programming and other intensive things... I actually need the raw power!

I got an Athlon Sempron 3100+ 754 overclocked to 2.43GHz

Abit KV8 Pro 3rd Eye Motherboard (good for overclocking and keeping an eye on things)

1 GB DDR PC3200 RAM

ASUS Gforce PCX5900 128mb DDR Graphics Card

80 GB HDD with cooling fan

20GB HDD

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS 24bit soundcard

Dual Layer DVD Burner

CD-RW/DVD ROM

19" TFT Monitor

Harman/Kardon Soundsticks II speakers and sub 2.1

EZcool Alpine silver case with LCD display

2 blue neon cooling fans

3 other case fans

2 exhaust fans

Rounded EIDE cables

A dam neat wiring job

The case and speakers look fantastic. They all give off a slight neon blue glow.

Saving for an Athlon 64 but just ordered a new car so it will be a while. It's used mostly for web design, Photoshop and of course Football Manager 2005 :banana:

Yeah, I've been thinking of overclocking, just wondered, is it neccesary to have extra cooling or should it cope?

I'd have extra cooling if I were you, otherwise your computer keeps resetting, a couple of fans should be enough. Iincrease the speed a bit at a time to see how far you can go.

Originally posted by Viper_GTSR

Yeah, I've been thinking of overclocking, just wondered, is it neccesary to have extra cooling or should it cope?

See if your mobo manufacturer offers any kind of monitoring software. I've got an Asus A7N8X and it comes with a neat little program that tells you CPU temperature and fan speed and the like.

When I overclocked mine the temperature was still well within tolerance, but it make the system unstable so I put it back.

I think that this type of thing is a bit like the geek equivalent of who drives the faster car with the bigger engine - it's all about trying to prove who's got the biggest ****.

That said, I do like to keep my PC up to date so upgrade quite regularly. Currently running an Athlon XP 2200+.

Originally posted by t020

I think that this type of thing is a bit like the geek equivalent of who drives the faster car with the bigger engine - it's all about trying to prove who's got the biggest ****.

A bit like saying "Who lives on the best estate in Sheffield" don't you think?.

Slightly pedantic IMO t020.....Sorry :nono:

Mines still wind up, I think I'm behind.

And 1.8 wasn't on the list :(