Wednesday takeover "megathread"

These muppets are going to blow it again for all The TRUE Wednesdayites, i guarantee it! Once again they are revelling in the limelight their 10% share brings them!:rant:

Wednesdayite offered to hold a ballot several months ago - Geoff Sheard's consortium told them not to - until a formal bid had been tabled.

So what exactly are they blowing?

Revelling in the limelight? The only press they ever get is the negative kind after the Wednesday propadanda machine tell the local media what to say or print?

Have you any idea how many journalists have been barred from Hillsborough, because they dared to print something the club doesn't want them to.

Have a look on the Wednesdayite webite, and look at whet they actually do - how many young they give free coaching and match tickets to, how they offer to pay for new facilities to improve the match-day experience etc.

You'd be surprised...

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out they were a load of blades- :D

Mmmm, hilarious. :|

The level of ignorance towards Wednesdayite is staggering,

Get off your@rses, do some research and don't beleive everything Karen Walker tells you.

You should be ashamed and embarrassed.

I want the takeover to go through as soon as possible but is it sensible to just vote it through? From what I'm told the deal is a very good deal for Wednesday but what if it turned out to be Samantha Hashimi and Neil Warnock who were 2 of the main players?

Jesus wept, stop making yourselves look stupid.

No doubt AMC Plumbing classes himself as a TRUE fan but yet knows so little.

Allen wants rid and the board are probably sick of the in fighting.

This is only a guess on my part but i think that Sheard wants wednesday and can buy out the shares and debt but has little money for anything else.

Like i said dont know the total facts it is just a gut feeling.

Allen wants rid and the board are probably sick of the in fighting.

This is only a guess on my part but i think that Sheard wants wednesday and can buy out the shares and debt but has little money for anything else.

Like i said dont know the total facts it is just wishful thinking.

Changed it as appropriate :thumbsup:

I believe that Geoff Sheard made an official offer to Wednesdayite for their shares on the 1st of July...therefore it would make sense for them to want to look at the colour of his money.

This must be stock exchange/legal rules etc. I believe Wednesdayite members will be recommended to vote to sell.

I imagine he won't buy Dave Allen's shares unless he could get another 10% at least as well as. Has Dave Allan guaranteed to sell if Geoff Shared can get Wednesdayites 10%?

My question would be not to ask what Wednesdayite are doing but what the other share holders on the board are doing as I believe they hold another 10 to 15% shares between them.

This is so important for the future of the club so why can't the board get all the parties concerned around one table and thrash it out between them?

Rather than have potential buyers skipping from one shareholder to the other negotiating individual deals.

Not the proper or professional way of conducting important business is it?

I believe that Geoff Sheard made an official offer to Wednesdayite for their shares on the 1st of July...therefore it would make sense for them to want to look at the colour of his money.

This must be stock exchange/legal rules etc. I believe Wednesdayite members will be recommended to vote to sell.

I imagine he won't buy Dave Allen's shares unless he could get another 10% at least as well as. Has Dave Allan guaranteed to sell if Geoff Shared can get Wednesdayites 10%?

My question would be not to ask what Wednesdayite are doing but what the other share holders on the board are doing as I believe they hold another 10 to 15% shares between them.

This is so important for the future of the club so why can't the board get all the parties concerned around one table and thrash it out between them?

Rather than have potential buyers skipping from one shareholder to the other negotiating individual deals.

Not the proper or professional way of conducting important business is it?

allen can do a deal , wednasdayite can , so why cant the others ? surelythey have the same rights as wednesdayite and allen.

don't beleive everything Karen Walker tells you.

She used to go to my school, Karen did.

allen can do a deal , wednasdayite can , so why cant the others ? surelythey have the same rights as wednesdayite and allen.

It's typical of the Wednesday board, in general board members know nothing about football at the inside club level all they want to see is results.

If they don't get instant results then they start spitting their dummies out, I'm afraid that to them football is about making instant money and not building patiently year on year. A quick return to the premiership means big money all round. Unfortunately club directors don't understand what goes on at the training ground and in local communities it's all about the money they are going to make.

Clubs like Wednesday and United exist because of the local communities not only for support but also more importantly as a resource/breeding ground for future players.

Unfortunatly we can't run the club so we have to trust the share holders who are in it for personal reasons. For instance if Dave Allen was a real Wednesdayite then the abuse he suffers from a minority of so called supporters would have been water off a ducks back. He would not have taken his bat and ball home.

However, he seems to be as frustrated as the rest of us quote:

"Dave Allen today throws his weight behind takeover frontman Geoff Sheard with an all-party plea to get the deal "done and dusted."

For more info:

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/Allen-plea-for-39done-and.4254146.jp

It doesn't look as though any deal will be done before the start of the season.

Don't believe everything you read (especially from Alan Biggs who has shown in the last few months how little he actually knows).

Just heard on Radio Sheffield Geoff Sheard saying that his consortium is poised to take over at Hillsborough within the next few days. Everyone (all board members and Allen etc.) have agreed to his offer subject to Wednesdayite's vote.

Great news.

What happened to the Wednesday Takeover Thread?