The Sheffield Gay Scene

is the cossack still open

No its now knocked down.

..Apparently, I've heard its an ARMY theme tonight; so there's still time to get your camo's on.....:love:

did everyone enjoy Climax last night??? It was a little bit quieter than last few months as people were away on holiday, but still busy and great fun.

As it was an 'Army' theme, I was tempted to forego drag and dress up either as:

Siegfried Sassoon, the famous 'Hairdresser of the Trenches' ( http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/8103/ ) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidal_Sassoon but I would probably be disallowed entry if I was carrying sharp objects like a pair of scizzors and a razor, never mind a rifle and bayonet...

Or: The 'Vietnam Vet', carrying a sick puppy back to the surgery under heavy fire from the Vietcong...:hihi:

Instead I decided to go as a very ordinary GI Jane...

Maybe next time....

Why did you not go as that famous footballer Wilfred Owen Tia?

Yes it would have been less busy minus one Carbs who is on holiday - hope to make the September one ..maybe SpiderPete will come too ...

No the Sheffield Council wont allow it - but we have Dempseys instead which is much better .... and two other bars ..one is smelling of sick at the moment :-(

Why did you not go as that famous footballer Wilfred Owen Tia?

Yes it would have been less busy minus one Carbs who is on holiday - hope to make the September one ..maybe SpiderPete will come too ...

How does no sound, I only go if Shiesh drags me along :)

Is there not a place like Canal Street in Manchester here in Sheffield?

...there have been some brave aborted attempts to create a 'gay quarter' in Sheffield, where the gay scene is smaller than Manchester or Leeds, but even so there is potential for a 'cluster' of gay venues. My favourite location for a 'gay quarter' is around Sydney St./Matilda St., there have been gay or gay owned venues around there in the past such as the now sadly derelict Matilda pub, the Matilda Building Artists collective squat, and the recently shut Rutland Arms; also plenty of arts organisations and venues such as Persistence Works, Site Gallery, Sheffield LIVE Radio, and even the Hallam Uni HUBS, which have held gay nights/events over the years. Once a lot of the derelict properties around the Sylvester Gardens area of Sidney St. are redeveloped, as the economy picks up later next year, there will be a golden opportunity to create a recognised gay part of town...

Yes that area would make a great gay area for sophisticated gay artist types ...

It even has its own small river Porter that could be uncovered more to create a whole bank of gay bars lining it and chi chi new apartments and stylish shops ... oh and a drag bar which I hope will be gay friendly ..

Yes that area would make a great gay area for sophisticated gay artist types ...

It even has its own small river Porter that could be uncovered more to create a whole bank of gay bars lining it and chi chi new apartments and stylish shops ... oh and a drag bar which I hope will be gay friendly ..

You're a joke

whats happening with sanc at the mo?

I could not be tempted to go into Sanctuary at the moment for a very specific reason mentioned earlier in this thread ;-)