The Sheffield Gay Scene

ey up you lot! Is The Sportsman a gay boozer now? Everytime we go in there we get Pet Shop Boys 'n Morrissey in the earoles!!!

Oh dear god - who let you in?

ey up you lot! Is The Sportsman a gay boozer now? Everytime we go in there we get Pet Shop Boys 'n Morrissey in the earoles!!!

Its because they have a new digital music box player which a MUCH wider range of music from various decades than just Saxon, Def Leppard and Axel Rose ... Mind you I always did think that the Sportsman had undertones of being a gay venue for macho men considering the number of rough denim, leather clad, tattooed men that go in there to eye each other up ;-)

Appreciate the jukebox post Carbo, but the dj is 'making choices' as to which music is played.As usual, i'm not in the bleedin' loop. Somebody knows summat!!!

Nope its not a gay pub...the jukebox is playing "apparently" random tracks that have been programmed in by the engineers....they chose that kind of stuff knowing its a rock bar as it will encourage people to put money into it - old trick by the companies that rent them out.

It might not be a gay bar - but it's a top blooming pub!

So is it not even gay friendly then ?

Does it matter :huh::huh::huh:

Every pub with gay people in becomes "gay friendly"

It's just not classified as a "gay bar" is all. I've got friends who love it in there!

So is it not even gay friendly then ?

What is your problem with pubs not being gay pubs. One minute you want integration with everyone else, the next you want segregation, make your mind up which you want, if you want segregation, why not go and hide back in your closet.

Sheffield Pride after party info is here - http://www.sheffieldpride.org.uk/index.php?page=after-pride

You can buy tickets online and save £1. http://www.sheffieldpride.org.uk/index.php?page=merchandise

After Party information

Sheffield Pride is delighted to announce that this year they will be hosting their very own Official Pride after party Pride goes Poptastic at Sheffield Hallam University Union (HUBS) on Paternoster Row. Perfectly situated only a stones throw away from Sheffield's finest Gay scene bars making it an ideal location for the Pride festivities to reach their peak!

Doors open at 10pm til 3 am and tickets are a snip at £5 advance and £6 on the door, you can get your tickets at Sheffield Pride online, at the Hubs, The Graduate pub or Jacks records on Division Street.

Tickets are set to go on sale the first week in June so do not miss out on the spectacular event!

Our partners for this special event are Poptastic one of Manchester's finest exports and recently celebrating their 13th year.

Room 1 - Pop and Trash.

Room 2 - Cutting edge Indie, Electro and Alternative.

Poptastic are guaranteed to satisfy your every musical need and we are thrilled to have them on board.

The fantastic music does not end there however with our very special guests ‘Hang the DJ’ playing in room 3 with Ricky Chopra and guest DJ's playing an electic mash up of fantastic tunes.

Just when you think it can't get any better it does! We are also hosting a number of live pop performances to get the party going with a bang!

The artists confirmed to play at this first official after party include brand new boy band sensation Frixion, Party girl Kelly Pepper and a live Pa from the fantastic Laura Steel.

FRIXION

FRIXION are the latest male RnB /Pop group to emerge from the UK with an exceptional amount of talent, flair and style. The Lads Combine soulful vocals and first-class song writing prowess, it is no surprise that Frixion are already working with industry-leading producers and songwriters behind some of the Europe’s best selling artists.

http://www.myspace.com/frixionstyle

Kelly Pepper

Miracle Man’ – Is Kelly’s debut forthcoming single, is without a doubt set to be this summers hottest dance track of 2009, combining flavours of the 80’s and 90s pop with current dance vibes, this song will appeal to everyone within’ a heartbeat!

http://www.myspace.com/pepperedmusic

Laura steel

Fresh after her performance on the Sheffield Pride Main stage Laura joins us for an exclusive performance of some brand new and exclusive tracks.

http://www.myspace.com/laurasteelmusic

WHy are people coming down on me like a ton of pricks and sending me nasty homophobic private messages - I only enquired whether the Sportsman was gay friendly ?? <grrr>

WHy are people coming down on me like a ton of pricks and sending me nasty homophobic private messages - I only enquired whether the Sportsman was gay friendly ?? <grrr>

I think it was just the way you phrased it.