The Sheffield Gay Scene

OR you may just get your very own thread instead of getting suspended :loopy: how does that work then ....sympathy vote:huh:??

The thread was already on the forum, promoting an individual event. All we've done is limit future promotion to that thread rather than starting new threads or putting the promotion in other threads.

Everyone who wishes to promote events is allowed similar, so I fail to see why there's an issue here.

only just reigestered on to the forum so didi not know

The thread was already on the forum, promoting an individual event. All we've done is limit future promotion to that thread rather than starting new threads or putting the promotion in other threads.

Everyone who wishes to promote events is allowed similar, so I fail to see why there's an issue here.

Because its now been moved to another discussion section instead of the correct one .

Dont get me wrong I have no problem with him I happen to think hes really funny but dont see why he gets special treatment.

So Im allowed a thread in the same section to advertise my business then:confused:

Content Removed

Edited by AndyB666

I'm sure some people may think that I am giving Sanctuary a big "thumbs up" because I am involved somehow, I'll can confirm that I am not involved in anyway whatsoever, I just thought people would appreciate hearing that an independant person has spoken to the manager who is wanting to make sure people know that this is a new Sanctuary with a new attitude.

Have to agree with the "new attitude", the bar staff from Friday was very friendly, and told us what was on drink wise and not, and even had a story of why they were not on.

The last bar staff were all very snobbery, unless you were under 21 and they treated you well, which is not the way to run a pub.

Cheap prices was a welcome sign when I got mine,.

Which now makes Lions Lair the most expensive gay pub for lager :o

I'm perfectly aware how much big acts cost having worked with a few over the last few years

I feel that if you had a big act people (not just gay) would pay to see it...

Nightingale in Birmingham is a prime example of this they had the saturdays on a few weeks ago and charged £8 entry and people still paid!

Sanctuary has re-opened and we were in Friday night and it hasn`t changed.

We then popped next door to Affinity and it was packed compared to Sanctuary.

Thanks SpiderPete. Having looked at the other post I do hope people start to support it now it's changed hands. it's always good to have another addition to the sheffield gay scene offering a bit more variety and choice.

I'll def start going and spending some money there. I wonder if they will do anything for pride, would be a good start to get peoples support.

I'm perfectly aware how much big acts cost having worked with a few over the last few years

I feel that if you had a big act people (not just gay) would pay to see it...

Nightingale in Birmingham is a prime example of this they had the saturdays on a few weeks ago and charged £8 entry and people still paid!

On the flip side in order to get them to come you must have some reputation, without which you would be hard pressed, and with the financial climate as it is, if you have one big name you have to pay silly money for and you dont get enough money to pay them that leaves a big problem

RE: Sanctuary

Much better then it was before, there did seem to be an attitude in there before it shut down where if you didn't fit the mould (5"10, thin as a rake, ate a grape a month and used far too much peroxide) you weren't welcome.

Now it's much better, been in the place more then I have the others since it re-opened It gets my vote. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks for that i will take a look

Me too....

Yes I would agree with the generfal consenus here that the r-opened Sanctuary is very good, definitely friendlier and wish it all the bets in succeeding even better - it can form an integral part of a gay pub crawl in whatever direction :-) and I cannot wait for them to start up special events too when they get the funds e.g. live acts, karaoke, drag etc

Yes I would agree with the generfal consenus here that the r-opened Sanctuary is very good, definitely friendlier and wish it all the bets in succeeding even better - it can form an integral part of a gay pub crawl in whatever direction :-) and I cannot wait for them to start up special events too when they get the funds e.g. live acts, karaoke, drag etc

If they have drag I for one won't be going. Especially if it's a certain "act".

If they have drag I for one won't be going. Especially if it's a certain "act".

No Tyranna discussion allowed on the forum now. All related discussion is to be on this thread only.