The Sheffield Gay Scene

Well an Idea for the clubs in Attercliffe why not run a free bus service to the club for a couple of hours each weekend. At least that will save half the taxi fare

That's a really good point, I've just mentioned it on the Identity thread; particularly in relation to a bus for people in Rotherham.

BTW, has anyone heard lately about the rumoured dire financial state of a certain big club operator who used to run a certain large LGBT club in this neck of the woods a couple of years back???

Not heard about there financial state. Dont think they ever had any money anyway they where seen on tv scraping the money together for the wedding. They screwed Sheffield for every penney they could sooner they go bust the better.

Hmmm yes who wants to be walking out to unsafe lonely attercliffe to identity and Xes and risking getting attacked either in the bars or out of em ...

You can so easily get attacked in Dempseys, I have seen lesbians fighting upstairs and I have never moved so quickly.

After months and months of not bothering I went out on the scene on Saturday. In Affinity the DJ ACTUALLY PLAYED MARIAH CAREY "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS"! Yes on October the 4th!!!

The DJ's need to realise times have moved on. Gay people don't just listen to HI NRG Celine Dion and Steps remixes!

Demps is the same re music, you think they are doing well one night, then POW, out comes whigfield and saturday night!

You want to try speed queen at the red room and after parties at lions lair, there is no cheese at all there, just recent dance/electro, a real turning point for the sheffield scene i think

Demps is the same re music, you think they are doing well one night, then POW, out comes whigfield and saturday night!

You want to try speed queen at the red room and after parties at lions lair, there is no cheese at all there, just recent dance/electro, a real turning point for the sheffield scene i think

I will definitely try it. Spent many great nights in Speed Queen in Leeds. The music is good.

So which gay pub can I go to to hear more Maria Carey and Celine Dion - there are not enough venues playing these - and what about more Drag queens please on more nights - they normally provide the best entertainment ...

So which gay pub can I go to to hear more Maria Carey and Celine Dion - there are not enough venues playing these - and what about more Drag queens please on more nights - they normally provide the best entertainment ...

Are you for real?

Carb are you mad? That is all the sheffield scene is about! Im hoping that im just not reading your sarcasm right!

Affinity and Demps is just up your street!

Carb are you mad? That is all the sheffield scene is about! Im hoping that im just not reading your sarcasm right!

Affinity and Demps is just up your street!

I sense a bit of sarcasm in his post, but saying that we were both in Affinity on Tuesday night, and they were not playing Maria Carey or Celine Dion and there was no drag queens about, so maybe he was missing them :(

Saw this floating around the internet:

[/i]

Floating huh Pete? Yeh me too, wonder where you saw it? ;)