The Sheffield Gay Scene

Its not gay - its gay owned and thus gay friendly ..

Well yeah I imagined the bricks and mortar weren't slap happy. I just never knew it was gay crowd friendly :)

Is the Quarter night club closed for good. I was up in Sheffield with a couple of friends the weekend before last and it was closed (Saturday night) we went to the affinity bar and the guy who owns it said he'd closed it. not sure if he meant for good or just because it was the night after Climax, any ideas??

Cheers

Is the Quarter night club closed for good. I was up in Sheffield with a couple of friends the weekend before last and it was closed (Saturday night) we went to the affinity bar and the guy who owns it said he'd closed it. not sure if he meant for good or just because it was the night after Climax, any ideas?? Cheers

Affinity dont 'own' the quarter. They had been running nights there on weekends, for some reason after about a month they stopped. There is plenty going on though, use facebook to look for climax, rah rah rah, tease, speedqueen and lions after parties. Also rumour of sanctuary going gay too.

Hmmm well i cant see that one down attercliffe taking off, when fab was open there were never any taxis at 3am, we walked once back to the centre. Waste of time me thinks.

Quarter is nice... Afffinity is too draggy for me... Lions the toilets are smelly but after parties are buzzin... dempseys the toilets are smelly but always have a good laugh... Crown was miles away anyway... Is sanctuary open yet?! Thought that was going gay?

Thursdays and saturdays seem to be the busiest... and i have to say its wicked to see new and old faces all over now the stoooooodents are back.

Tease - what the hell was happening when the dj stopped the music and started playing games?!!!!! I mean what the hell?!!!! We left at that point for demps.

Affinity dont 'own' the quarter. They had been running nights there on weekends, for some reason after about a month they stopped. There is plenty going on though, use facebook to look for climax, rah rah rah, tease, speedqueen and lions after parties. Also rumour of sanctuary going gay tom

Yeh have been on facebook and the DJ (Dixon) is still mentioning the quarter (V confusing). Checked out Lions and there was only two people in so didn't go in which is a shame as do like it in there, though guess it must have been quiet due to Climax the night before is the Sheffield gay scene always quiet on the Saturday after Friday night Climax..? Thanks anyway will def check out Speed Queen and Lion's after party when up next.

Cheers

Yeh have been on facebook and the DJ (Dixon) is still mentioning the quarter (V confusing). Checked out Lions and there was only two people in so didn't go in which is a shame as do like it in there, though guess it must have been quiet due to Climax the night before is the Sheffield gay scene always quiet on the Saturday after Friday night Climax..? Thanks anyway will def check out Speed Queen and Lion's after party when up next.

Cheers

Yeh it does have an effect. Also with the after parties really taking off people seem to not come till ten ish then head off around 12 and come back around 3 or 4, 2 weeks running we had queues at 4am. But we still have best value drinks all week with deals on every day including weekends.

yeah the night after climax is always dead... we ended up in demps from memory and it wasnt busy at all.

think the sheffielders can only take one night a weekend... weak liver or something!

yeah its john dixon i was thinkin of, going to the quarter on fri then lions i think... i dont stop drinking at 2am!

Tease - what the hell was happening when the dj stopped the music and started playing games?!!!!! I mean what the hell?!!!! We left at that point for demps.

Yeah, i understand where you are coming from on that. I was one of the organisers of the event, and please be rest assured he was sent a lengthy letter which was colourful to sayu the least. I was not pleased about the way he handled the night and do not blame you for leaving, i would have done the same!! However, please be rest assured he is NOT COMING BACK!!! I am looking for the right DJ now and we are currently talking to hallam about holding the event in November (we were going to do it in oct too but with the busy time of the freshers at the union we thought it best not to)

Any ideas you may have then let me know, in the mean time, lets pull together for the scene and try and not bitch, we ony get one shot at this and the way some people act make it seem like they are wasting everyone elses enjoyment!

Climax certainly seems to take it out of people LOL.

Shame you won't try Identity charliechalk for the sake of getting a cab back home, I've never found it a problem or one of the bars managers have booked one for me if I ask. Usually there within 10 minutes as well.

Content Removed

Edited by Nemex

Well said Nemex. Pretty much my point exactly, but coming from others it will appear more valid! Ps john is on tonight from 3 after rah rah and the soon to be famous custard battles at about 9!