The Sheffield Gay Scene

Well not sure about the phrase hopefully they cant call it a day after one one night! Looks lake the Quarter on it's last legs. But all these Clubs and gays nights kick off with very little publicity no wonder they fail.

Hi

we are working hard to have the next night and make it a regular date on the calendar. We dont want to work against anyone. 'Tease' is for the gay community of sheffield. So if you have any suggestions/ideas then please let me know. As for the publicity, we flyered outside climax, piut flyers in gay venues (except Affinity who at the time had Quarter so wouldnt workl with us as we were competition, but we are going to re enter talks with them.) Remember that profits go to Sheffield Pride and future events. We want to make Sheffield a good night out. We ackowledge that Thursdays isnt for everyone, but, when the students are oput of town we are going back to either a friday or a saturday, with Saturday the preferred day with the feedback I have been given. (People work on Saturday mornings :( ) So like I say we WILL be back so come along.

Also, any ideas, drop me a line.

Yes, Identity is gay and it is planning some great nights in the coming months!

BTW, with the wrestling, I'm already sorted with a partner who works at DEMPSEYS.

Wll Tyranna I had the misfortune to visit it last night after Climax and now I must say I am glad I didnt put it on my list. I am never ever going back there again after a truly awful experience. Place was empty about 5 people including staff and 2 God awful made up rude arrogant drag queens once of whom subjected me to a violent humiliating assault with lemon peel and lemon juice for a full TWENTY MINUTES ...whats wrong with them dont they like girls ... if that is their way of getting extra customers in then they are a load of stupid tossers - I will never ever set foot in there again and I would recommend everyone else that reads this to save their taxi money and dont go there ... those drag queens are trully awful even by drag queens standards and seem to pick on the punters for no reason other than they dont like them or are BORED. I was almost considering bringlng prosecutions against them too for bodily assault , damaging my clothes and hair, and injuring my reputation !

Hi

We dont want to work against anyone. 'Tease' is for the gay community of sheffield. (except Affinity who at the time had Quarter so wouldnt workl with us as we were competition,

So they wouldnt work with you before, but now they closed their attempt at another venue that was only free on climax, you want to talk to them again? clearly they are here for themselves. Not Sheffield owned, nor does it care about any scene. Lions will always promote individual nights and is happy to let you put up posters etc.

Hear hear James - Lions lair pub has always supported the rights of local Sheffield people and the money gets plowed back into events for the gay community or upkeeping the pub ...

I am pleased to say I have not been back to Attercliffe or Identity yet and I do hope others have not been either !

I am pleased to say I have not been back to Attercliffe or Identity yet and I do hope others have not been either !

What's with dissing down a gay business? Just cos you don't like it....

I think any gay business who employs awful mangy looking drag queens to attack its customers deserves to be finished off by pub evolution and die on its feet from lack of patronage. Its a dump to boot.