The Sheffield Gay Scene

Amazing Nite Last Nite Was Had By All In Club Sanctuary

brilliant turn out last night. dont forget whats on tonight at sanctuary. check our facebook page for details.

I think myself and Spider Pete managed to get them all in - Roebuck, Lions Lair, Affinity, Sanctuary, then when he buggered off on me in the Moor in his rush to get to Dempseys LOL I got a taxi to Xes where I met the fabulous Tyranna and her charming lady friends. Thanks for the Xmas card Tyranna ...

Hi, I hope you don't mind a girl butting in, but is anyone going to the Affinity family-friendly evening tomorrow 5-8pm?

:)

Edit: Goddamnit I missed Climax again... Grrr...

because theyre friendly and tbh theyre the only places you can really let yourself go. plus probably because most of the people that go there are gay? and im sure theyd prefer to go to gay bars, than straight venues.

and there are also lots of straight folk that like to party in gay venues as there tends to be less of a sausage-factory feel...

a lot of gay people tend to be very ghetto like only going to gay venues etc which is sad ..

I doubt that they will ever realise tbh, reffering to one of as you say (hideous queens) that works in Sanctuary i hear, that is mid twenties and still acting like they own the entire scene and everyone adores them. These 18-21 year olds are the main customers at places like Sanctuary and Dempseys though..but they do make a bad impression on the older customers when theyre rolling around paraletic on the floor leaving fake tan marks on the carpets. Saying that, im only 19 but i know how to act, and apparently i know the scene alot better than some of the ones that have been round longer.

I completely agree; those aged between 18 and 24 think they own the scene, often getting ideas above their station, and they often don't have a clue as to how hard it was for those of us aged 30+ back when we were 18-somethings, continually looking over our shoulder for fear of homophobia and scared stiff from going out to 'gay' clubs in town because of the spectre of AIDS; I'm sure those who remember gay live in the 1980's and even early '90s will know what I mean.

Anyway, a very Merry Xmas factor and a Happy New Year to all; expect to see a lot more of me in the coming months lol.

I'm happy that the scene is mixed ages - it's there for all of us, but is there a need for occasional nights for those 24 + (using Tyranna's age split above)?

And if so, what would people want ?

heard a rumour that Nylon is beng bought and turned into a gay club at some point in the very near future. should be amazing :) x

I'm happy that the scene is mixed ages - it's there for all of us, but is there a need for occasional nights for those 24 + (using Tyranna's age split above)?

And if so, what would people want ?

Yes there is a need for a night for +24 plus people, we seem to be the "forgotten ones", it always revolves around "students" and there is more than students in Sheffield :rant::rant::rant::rant: