The Sheffield Gay Scene

Why not try it before making your decision?

Fair comment i will visit when im out and about in Sheffield .....:)

X'es got raided last week, so no doubt it's gonna be dead!!

There are rumors that some kind of new night of entertainment is on the cards at Dempseys; I'll let you all know if anything comes of it!

Apparently Dempseys are doing an OPEN MIC NIGHT every Monday!

This coming Monday, FEB 1ST, however, Dempseys are doing a CHARITY FUNDRAISER for the Haiti Earthquake Relief effort.

Expect lots of entertainment from familiar faces, including plenty of surprises!:love:

X'es got raided last week, so no doubt it's gonna be dead!!

I’m surprised that drug den don’t get raided on a weekly basis!

Just a quickie to say that Dempseys had their special fundraiser for the Haiti Earthquake Fund on Monday night, and despite it being a quiet night, a lot of people did attend, and were treated to an unmissable show by all of us who turned up to perform, and over £300 was raised for the charity! Well done and many thanks to all who attended! A charity collection box will still be available for anyone to make donations to this very worthy cause in the next few days/weeks.

Just a quickie to say that Dempseys had their special fundraiser for Haiti. Over £300 was raised for the charity! Well done and many thanks to all who attended! A charity collection box will still be available for anyone to make donations to this very worthy cause in the next few days/weeks.

Well, after thinking long and hard about how unfairly fate has treated haiti, with a double whammy of grinding poverty and such a terrible quake, i have agreed to do my own double whammy for a good cause and come down AGAIN to dempseys TOMORROW, I. E. SUNDAY 7TH FEB, to do some MORE requests and favourites on the karaoke between 10.30 and one a.m., the catch being that if you want me to sing a song, i will expect at least 10 pounds contributed into the charity box for each song i do, i will also give a quid for each one i sing. The lovely missy and babuska will also be in attendance, so lets make it a nite to remember! See also the news link on my site for details.

Edited by Tyranna
Missing text!

Sanctuary opening postponed - from facebook

"Sadly Sanctuary will not be opening on the 12th as planned due boiler issue's - We will now be opening on the 19th. I'm gutted"

And it not a "gay" venue

"Sanctuary Bar has had quiet a few enquiries in regards to it being a Gay bar. Sanctuary although being gay friendly (as all bars should be) is not a gay venue and welcomes people off all gender, cultures and orientation." facebook page

Get yourself to the peace gardens on sunday , starts 11.30am for a kiss off at 12noon. "SHEFFIELD KISS OFF AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA" check it out on facebook.

"Sadly Sanctuary will not be opening on the 12th as planned due boiler issue's - We will now be opening on the 19th. I'm gutted"

And it not a "gay" venue

"Sanctuary Bar has had quiet a few enquiries in regards to it being a Gay bar. Sanctuary although being gay friendly (as all bars should be) is not a gay venue and welcomes people off all gender, cultures and orientation." facebook page

oh the owner emailed me saying it was going to be a gay bar, maybe they changed their mind :huh::huh:

And it not a "gay" venue

Yup, from what I was told by the new owners, Sanctuary is indeed NOT going to be a 'Gay' Bar this time; just what I would call a 'Mainstream Bar' to which all kinds of people are welcome! Should be fine for those who are happy to go out for the night to places like Westway, Flares, Forum Bar, Walkabout, Vodka Revolution, etc...

BTW, the good news about the night of singing at Dempseys last Sunday to boost the charity appeal, is that the money raised for Haiti is now WELL OVER £500!!!

BTW, how many of you would happily agree to get up on stage and sing for a very reasonable whip-round, ALL of which goes to a very good cause helping desperate people?:hihi: