The Sheffield Gay Scene

Their website is also down :huh::huh:

At least i get some form of information and response even if its from the Sheffield Forum website users .. Thank you.

Anyone have any info on the latest rumour that Sanctuary is closing AGAIN in the near future, and the current manager is leaving town? ..........

Anyone have any info on the latest rumour that Sanctuary is closing AGAIN in the near future, and the current manager is leaving town? ..........

That would be a great shame, Sanctuary is a great venue and even has done great food; Dempseys is the ONLY other gay venue that does any food in Sheffield; it also somewhat plugs the gap since Affinity has departed Campo Lane.

Just had a facebook message that Mark is leaving his farewell is this Thursday, but 2 guys are taking over.

Yep, James is right; I got the following Facebook message just today, from Mark:

It is with great sadness, that i have to announce that im leaving the Sanctuary, I have had a fantastic time here and have made some great friends but its time for me to move on,a huge thanks to old and new that have supported the venue. some great nights have been had :-)

Its not the end of the Sanctuary as there are two new guys in Steve and Jay who are going to continue to strive to make the Sanctuary the no 1 gay venue in sheffield as well as working with other gay venue's to make Sheffield the place to visit, they have got some great idea's and plans for the future, so please continue to support the venue

Many thanks to you all, Im going to miss you xxxxxx

Now that its common knowledge Mark leaving, i am sad to see him go, not only did he make people welcome he also a good friend, I am sure the 2 new people will do as good as job as Mark, and I shall be there Thursday to wave bye . :)

A new gay night coming to Sheffield:

We are Vulgar.

We are Sheffield's newest gay night.

Tickets ; £3.00

Vulgar is a place to have a dance, get drunk and get off.

Big news. We kick off on October 24th at the Raynor Lounge, Sheffield Students' Union. Tickets will be made available at the Box Office, students and non-students welcome.

Facebook Group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=179862160288

A new gay night coming to Sheffield:

We are Vulgar.

We are Sheffield's newest gay night.

Tickets ; £3.00

Vulgar is a place to have a dance, get drunk and get off.

Big news. We kick off on October 24th at the Raynor Lounge, Sheffield Students' Union. Tickets will be made available at the Box Office, students and non-students welcome.

Facebook Group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=179862160288

Thanks, Pete; Isnt that the same night run by the SUSU LGBT Society which has been on for a few years now, with various names such as Pink Glove, OUT, etc, or is it something entirely new?:love:

Thanks, Pete; Isnt that the same night run by the SUSU LGBT Society which has been on for a few years now, with various names such as Pink Glove, OUT, etc, or is it something entirely new?:love:

I dont know, you will have to ask them, I was only given the info, they have contact details on their Facebook group.

I dont know what this Vulgar night is like but I am interested to know when the new Affinity will open up in the Mulberry - not seeing much signs of activity there at the moment ..

Anyone in Rotherham might be interested in the NEW Monthly Night GOLDRUSH! launching THIS SUNDAY 25 October!

See http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=517524&highlight=Goldrush+Rotherham

Also, The FIRST PLANNING MEETING for Steel City GALA 2010 (Sheffield's Annual Gay And Lesbian Arts Festival, will take place (in the upstairs room) at THE RUTLAND ARMS, on the corner of Paternoster Row and Furnival Street, on Tuesday 3rd November, at 7pm!