The Sheffield Gay Scene

Hmmmmm so Im good ot go out tomorrow eve instead then they will be throwing themselves at me ;-)

Throwing up maybe...

Is anyone evolve in the Sheffield gay community because i have tried to contact the Out Aloud choir but to date no response.

Edited by Albear
spelling

Sheffield needs an area like canal street in manchester.

I noted in today's Start that Tia-Anna / Dan has been given the oxygen of publicity:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/letters/The-courage-of-Rachel.5663870.jp

Although I don't know why he is the best person to advise: every time I see him walking around town, he is dressed as a man, so hardly the actions of a transsexual!

Edited by Ginger Daddy

Sheffield needs an area like canal street in manchester

would be fun wouldn't it :)

but sheffield city centre isn't very big, there just isn't room for deisgnated sectors like this here

Is anyone evolve in the Sheffield gay community because i have tried to contact the Out Aloud choir but to date no response.

I have their contact details on my website if you need it.

I headed to the Lions Lair for a drink early on Saturday night and was disgusted with what I found. I stuck to the floor and the toliets balantly hadn't been cleaned in a while and the place looks like its been decorated by people who can't see or paint straight!

We drank up and vowed never to go there again! Will Sheffield ever have a decent gay scene? I'm not holding my breath....

I headed to the Lions Lair for a drink early on Saturday night and was disgusted with what I found. I stuck to the floor and the toliets balantly hadn't been cleaned in a while and the place looks like its been decorated by people who can't see or paint straight!

We drank up and vowed never to go there again! Will Sheffield ever have a decent gay scene? I'm not holding my breath....

I've got to admit the Sheffield Gay Scene is looking a bit down at heel; but at least the Lions Lair is open, unlike Affinity, which seems to still be currently stuck in 'Gay Bar Limbo'. Lions Lair is, admittedly marketing itself more as an 'electro' music venue, rather than a identikit 'Gay' venue; I myself like electro music, and occasionally frequent their late afterparties; you cannot blame the management for its appearance, probably after an all-nighter when they haven't got round to cleaning the floor...

Also, I suspect they're spending practically zero on any real building repair/improvement work, considering that the axe of redevelopment still hangs over the property.

Re. the state of toilets, I've literally lost count of the number of clubs/bars with really shoddy toilets; spending just a few quid on regular repaints and vandal-proof oversize bolts on the cubicle doors would do wonders, and I'd be quite happy to launch a competition for the 'Best club/bar toilets in Sheffield'!:hihi::love:

What a great article that you wrote Tyranna http://www.thestar.co.uk/letters/The-courage-of-Rachel.5663870.jp

Yes there is a lot of marginalisation of older gay / TV /TS and it was correct to highlight it - maybe if they had a safe drag haven like the old Matilda re-opened again it would be a great venue for drag performers, TVs, TS, etc without having to venture out to dangerous Attercliffe

Yes I like the lions Lair too - it does seem to be marketing itself more as a music/afetr party venue now but it has a lot fo gay staff and is truly gay friendly also ... I do hope it is around for a while before that building gets the chop - especially now since we are one less bar with the demise of Affinity !

I have their contact details on my website if you need it.

I have contact them on the telephone number on the website and left two messages with my contact details but to date no one has contact me. If you have a different number it would be appreciated or May be Out Aloud is no more …..

I have contact them on the telephone number on the website and left two messages with my contact details but to date no one has contact me. If you have a different number it would be appreciated or May be Out Aloud is no more …..

Their website is also down :huh::huh: