The Sheffield Gay Scene

So Pride is now only 20 days away and the big after party details are available ! I will be there - who else will be ?

WHy are people coming down on me like a ton of pricks and sending me nasty homophobic private messages - I only enquired whether the Sportsman was gay friendly ?? <grrr>

Report your private PM`s to the helpdesk if they are harrasing you.

So Pride is now only 20 days away and the big after party details are available ! I will be there - who else will be ?

Me, me, me, me and, oh me.

Lets hope the weather stays as good as it is now.

Went into Affinity the other night for the first time in ages and sadly they still don't seem to have sorted out how to provide a dance area and chill area in the same space. My friend and I went to sit at the tables behind the bar but they were packing them away to make room for the zero people waiting to take to the dance floor. So we went and sat in one of the booths near the door and was then treated to music played so loudly that we were unable to talk properly without shouting at each other. Needless to say, we lasted for one drink and moved on to Leopold Square, which seems to be getting a few queer folk these days, were able to sit outside with music playing and actually chat to eac other at a normal volume aswell.

Dempseys manages to provide a dance space and a quieter area for folks (like us!) just wanting to chat, so maybe Affinity could try the same by just turning the music down to a reasonable level!?? Just an idea...

RahRahRah this friday, welcomes RALPH RAZOR (Razor Stiletto) and ASBO A GOGO (Bungalows n Bears) to Club Sanctuary with a gender bender party. Gonna be off the chain!! DJ RALPH should need no introduction as the rocket fuel behind Razor Stilleto,hopefully see you guys there!!!

Went into Affinity the other night for the first time in ages and sadly they still don't seem to have sorted out how to provide a dance area and chill area in the same space. My friend and I went to sit at the tables behind the bar but they were packing them away to make room for the zero people waiting to take to the dance floor. So we went and sat in one of the booths near the door and was then treated to music played so loudly that we were unable to talk properly without shouting at each other. Needless to say, we lasted for one drink and moved on to Leopold Square, which seems to be getting a few queer folk these days, were able to sit outside with music playing and actually chat to eac other at a normal volume aswell.

Dempseys manages to provide a dance space and a quieter area for folks (like us!) just wanting to chat, so maybe Affinity could try the same by just turning the music down to a reasonable level!?? Just an idea...

It does seem to depend greatly on whos doing the DJing as to how loud the music is and who is behind the bar

Well it was another cracking night at Affinity on MOnday night with Miss (Mrs?) Anja Bach and her Karaoke machine ... even Danny La Rue pasisng away could not put a dampner on things ;-)

So 15 days to pride, looking forward to it more then ever, also Managaed to get the IDAHO pictures online now, sorry for the delay I've been having a few issues with the server

Wasn't the weather terrible tonight? I was in two venues which were almost empty, before popping by the Lions Lair Afterparty which was packed!!!

How did the rest of you find last night?

Wasn't the weather terrible tonight? I was in two venues which were almost empty, before popping by the Lions Lair Afterparty which was packed!!!

How did the rest of you find last night?

Yes it was crap Tyranna - as were parts of the gay scene last night - I have two major beefs to get off my chest here:

RANT 1:

Affinity - I was there last night and I could not believe they now charge THREE POUNDS for a pint of Becks Vier - its not even strong for Gods sake - and it was not busy no wonder at these prices - is this to fund Anja Bachs wardrobe ?!

I think tactics like this in the midst of a recession are plain stupid - no gay people are not desperate to pay those prices and will not endure being ripped off - so I prompty went next door to a much cheaper Sanctuary bar - thank god for competition.

RANT 2:

Club Xes - I decided to visit this last night (perhaps rather unwisely) at the behest of another well known forum member who shall be nameless ;-) We pay about eight quid by taxi to get there in the pouring rain and then what are we greeted by? A three pound "entrance charge" slapped on us at the door - I would not mind if it was packed or great music but it was neither - it was so boring I left soon after coming, leaving my forum friend there to cruise as will ;-) Also hardly any taxis waiting and it pouring rain - luckily because I left early I nabbed one but another 8 quid charge to get home!

I am afraid I may not be back in a hurry to EITHER of these venues and will be restricting my visits from now on to much busier much cheaper venues offering MUCH better value for money! What do other people think?