The Sheffield Gay Scene

as for not the original but the best, not a slate on lions lairs world famous afterparty but with djs like john dixon and the atmosphere its the place to be. depends on your view tbh,

the gay scene is very split so its upto you which afterparty you choose.

We went with four of us after Speedqueen because it was free, it wasn't bad up until the sound system malfuctioned! Im not sure what it was but something wasn't right? We gave it another 20 mins and got a cab to xes which was very quiet. Sanctuary was OK till the sound went but not much atmosphere as it is so big with high ceilings and why is the DJ booth nowhere near the dance floor?

As for a split scene, what does that mean?

the sound sytem has now been sorted we brought a new one .and the dj is now located on the dance floor as requested

Does anyone knows if the quater still going?

the sound sytem has now been sorted we brought a new one .and the dj is now located on the dance floor as requested

Ha-ha I like it, I know I sometimes like to get on down on the dance floor when I'm playing but I've never know a DJ to be on the dance floor all night! How's he going to mix?! ;)

Does anyone knows if the quater still going?

I believe it is open, though not trading as gay specifically.

I am glad you listened to the advice given!

On a less upbeat point though, I was dissapointed to see such a low turn out for World Aids Day. We came around 10, there were maybe 3 or 4 staff from another bar and another 10 around the bar area.

It seems a pity you went to all the effort of getting a guest (who I didn't wait to see as it was so quiet) and then nobody come, especially as it was for a good cause.

Also if it was a fund raiser, out of interest, how much did you raise. As I couldn't see any collection boxes for my change even?

also the quarter is still trading but not as a gay venue, but gay friendly , it now has many different nights from bassline to electro and is under new management.

also the quarter is still trading but not as a gay venue, but gay friendly

You mean like every other pub in Sheffield

we raised 50 pounds but stu put another 150 in from the bar so we have 200 in total

I am glad you listened to the advice given!

On a less upbeat point though, I was dissapointed to see such a low turn out for World Aids Day. We came around 10, there were maybe 3 or 4 staff from another bar and another 10 around the bar area.

It seems a pity you went to all the effort of getting a guest (who I didn't wait to see as it was so quiet) and then nobody come, especially as it was for a good cause.

Also if it was a fund raiser, out of interest, how much did you raise. As I couldn't see any collection boxes for my change even?

Hi dear - yes I heard that they raised all of 100 pounds for world aids day .. after the staff and the live act had been paid !!! Carbs

love to no were you get ur info carb but you need to sack him or her you should just ask for my mobile that way u will get the rite info the act was paid on contract befor she even came to venue and staff are paid on fri so we raised 50 pounds and we then put another 150 so 200 in total not a lot granted but not many people turned out but 200 is better than notin

I just saw this on your site for tonight?

New Souns System is on its way folks...the old (swearing) one is going in the bin lol

The Sanctuary is gonna be bigger and better then ever!!!

Party on folks...whoop whoop!!!

x J x

Is the sound system in? Or is it on its way? Only asking because we are making plans for the weekend and don't want to waste time coming if it blows out like last week.