Oxfam Shop Woodseats

Advertising is a waste,and even advertising agencies concede that 50pc adverts are wasteful.

But no one is quite sure which 50% though.. if you found out you'd make a fortune..

Anyway.. Oxfam dont just throw their money around - they'll have worked out that they do indeed make more money if they advertise than if they don't.

I can't understand how any of you can feel it's neccessary to complain about a charity shop. if you were so botherd about them taking your 1p's then you should have asked forit back instead of coming on here to complain?!?!?! and it's is completley IRRELAVENT whether the people who work there are special needs are not, what on earth has that got to do with anything? don't judge something you don't understand. Your all complaining about wanting a bargain the prices are hardly that of harrods!! if they are so awful then avoid them don't complain about them for trying to do something decent!!!

I can't understand how any of you can feel it's neccessary to complain about a charity shop. if you were so botherd about them taking your 1p's then you should have asked forit back instead of coming on here to complain?!?!?! and it's is completley IRRELAVENT whether the people who work there are special needs are not, what on earth has that got to do with anything? don't judge something you don't understand. Your all complaining about wanting a bargain the prices are hardly that of harrods!! if they are so awful then avoid them don't complain about them for trying to do something decent!!!

Yes! Thank you :D :')

I take it you are one of the people mentioned as you have been a bit liberal with the punctuation signs-do you buy in bulk?Actually Harrods are quite cheap these days-the recession touches even the elites,who now pay 50% tax.Now that is a contribution and a half.

I take it you are one of the people mentioned as you have been a bit liberal with the punctuation signs-do you buy in bulk?Actually Harrods are quite cheap these days-the recession touches even the elites,who now pay 50% tax.Now that is a contribution and a half.

yes, I bought them in the bargain bucket whilst shopping at oxfam.

I've never seen so many ! and ? at such good prices lol

At the end of the day... it's about saving and helping people worse off then us... they use advertisements to show you just how bad the situations are... not just because they want to. :roll: Like somebody said we all complain that things are expensive but yet you're having a go at them... If you don't like oxfam then go to a different charity shop, there still doing an amazing job at looking after people. when the health of people is involved am sure you could live without 1p. :|

"Platting" fog???

"Hears" a word for you?

Alex3659 and tifftifco2 - ever heard of the phrase "pot calling the kettle black"? You're as bad as each other. Maybe you should both be quiet till you've signed up for the remedial English lessons one of you suggested earlier?

:clap::clap::clap:Thanks Irenewilde.I think you just said what everyone else was thinking.It unbelievable that grown people act like this!My eight year old shows more maturity.

I agree that it's a bit crazy, but I'm not sure that charity shop staff can be expected to go and find out how much all their stock originally sold for.

they check the prices all the time,they have catalogs they look through to see what price to put it on at or they look on the internet for a price comparison.someone who works for oxfam told me this.personally my idea would be they have staff who work for free,the stock they have in the shop cost the company nothing at all,so what would be the harm in selling it cheaper:loopy:.if you compare charity shop prices like you would high street prices,then oxfam is definitely the harrods of the charity shops.(even though its no better quality):rant:

they check the prices all the time,they have catalogs they look through to see what price to put it on at or they look on the internet for a price comparison.someone who works for oxfam told me this.personally my idea would be they have staff who work for free,the stock they have in the shop cost the company nothing at all,so what would be the harm in selling it cheaper:loopy:.if you compare charity shop prices like you would high street prices,then oxfam is definitely the harrods of the charity shops.(even though its no better quality):rant:

The better stuff is sold on ebay,and never reaches the shops.

went in got a top and a toy for my son... told them to keep 8 p change and i swear if she smiled her face would have cracked! no thanks or anything! worst charity shop on woodseats.

The better stuff is sold on ebay,and never reaches the shops.

I agree. I wonder whether the charity shops days are numbered. This may leave an awful lot of shops vacant in Woodseats and similar areas... It's a shame, as bargains are difficult to come by even on eBay when you factor in the postage costs.

I agree. I wonder whether the charity shops days are numbered. This may leave an awful lot of shops vacant in Woodseats and similar areas... It's a shame, as bargains are difficult to come by even on eBay when you factor in the postage costs.

I don't really think they are :) because i know that Oxfam is really quite busy. A lot of the charity shops have good days and bad days to be honest. But I don't think they will end up being compleatly taken over by ebay or other sites. If it was too happen it would be very far in the future :)