Just put house up for sale...

How have you worked out that it should be a specific price?

To be frank, we want rid of the property. We lived there for 41 years but have now moved on. Of course we want the maximum we can get for it, but the market is very depressed at the moment. After much thought and discussion we decided to bite the bullit and put it down to a "buy me now price" and just below the £125,001 where you pay tax on the purchase.

3 years ago it was valued at £150000, so if the prices do rise again as expected (may take a few years) someone is making a good purchase.

3 years ago it would have sold within a fortnight - no problem, but in to-days market, who knows.

Regards

Angel.

To be frank, we want rid of the property. We lived there for 41 years but have now moved on. Of course we want the maximum we can get for it, but the market is very depressed at the moment. After much thought and discussion we decided to bite the bullit and put it down to a "buy me now price" and just below the £125,001 where you pay tax on the purchase.

3 years ago it was valued at £150000, so if the prices do rise again as expected (may take a few years) someone is making a good purchase.

3 years ago it would have sold within a fortnight - no problem, but in to-days market, who knows.

Regards

Angel.

The thing to remember though the current situation has forced you to reduce the price of your house, the same situation is forcing others to do the same. What you loose with one hand you will gain with the other ie the house you buy will be for sale at a lower price than it was 2 years ago.

Well, reducing the house price has brought interest, three viewings with one who want's to purchase. Only fly in the ointment, they have to sell their property to buy mine. Looks like we may end up in a chain, we did not want it this way, but a sale is a sale I suppose.

Regards

Angel.