Just put house up for sale...

There's a certain smugness to your posts which I seem to find really irritating..maybe it's the fact you seem to regularly feel the need to remind us of a point you 'mooted' six months ago.

Thats just human nature.

Many people who made money in the house price bubble also came across as smug when talking about how much their homes had gone up in value.

Also, its quite irritating to be proved wrong........

There's a certain smugness to your posts which I seem to find really irritating..maybe it's the fact you seem to regularly feel the need to remind us of a point you 'mooted' six months ago.

Not smug, just somewhat vindicated. Tony (especially) told me I was wrong every opportunity he could; despite me offering my detailed justification and asking for his, I was simply dismissed(!) by him and several others on here, without being offered any reasoning or substantial backup for their points... Tony held a lot of gravitas round here before he threw in the towel to spend his time elsewhere, so he was of course "right" and I was "wrong". :rolleyes: To be fair to him however, neither of us will be right/wrong until Spring, when our predictions can be measured...

I have shared my views of the housing market with friends & relatives as far as 24 months ago, perhaps even longer, and intially was looked at in utter disbelief; house prices only ever go up! Even this summer my own dad - accepting that prices were now falling 'a bit' - thought I was mental for suggesting prices could reverse 30% (I estimated a 30-50% fall in prices, depending mostly on the type of property (e.g. flats Vs detached country homes with pretty views won't see the same falls), and yet today I read this.

So sorry if I seem smug but I assure you, I'm not being smug. I could have linked to a hundred other - but less directly appropriate - stories if I felt the need to prove a point, but I don't.

Tony - where is he now?

He ran off as soon as he realised how ridiculous his predictions were starting to look.

Tony - where is he now?

He ran off as soon as he realised how ridiculous his predictions were starting to look.

I thought he had died? Somebody posted something a few months ago and described him as the 'late but much lamented Tony' so I thought that is what had happened. His last signature was something about death as well.

No, he just left, I doubt it was down to this thread.

I have JUST put my house on the market, you lot are worrying me silly , if I dont sell I cant buy, I have gone just under the asking price for the house I want, I hope this is going to happen to me, I have a lovely house for sale, all I want is a fair price.

This thread's three years old though.

I have JUST put my house on the market, you lot are worrying me silly , if I dont sell I cant buy, I have gone just under the asking price for the house I want, I hope this is going to happen to me, I have a lovely house for sale, all I want is a fair price.

An old thread yes, but very relevant as the above post shows. Out in the sticks we are as bad as the city dwellers, my house should have been £150000, but started it at £145000, its now down to £124950 and we had 3 views at the weekend. Seems there are buyers out there, but you have to realise - its a buyers market at present.

I have also had the "we buy your house" merchants on the phone, and also by snail mail, offering 75%/80% at best.

The housing market is difficult, due mostly it seems to the lack of mortgage facilities out there.

Regards

Angel.

How have you worked out that it should be a specific price?

The sale price of anything is simply 'What is the most that the purchaser is prepared to pay (on the vendor's terms)?'

People now have wider access to sales data to base their bids on houses and hold all the cards not the estate agent and some sellers who still have learn that property is no longer a big cash earn as the market adjusts to price levels of 2 years ago.