Just put house up for sale...

If your in no rush to move, just keep it up for sale and leave it there .......... the right buyer will come along, eventually, even if it takes 12 months. I personally wouldnt drop the price just yet. Is it priced over £175k? .... im sure i heard on the radio that houses under this figure are now exempt to stamp duty (but i could be wrong) .... if so, it might be an idea to drop it to just under £175 ..... as long as its not a huge discount

Your comments highlight that you use terms very loosely and without really understanding their meaning

Feel free to be more specific, if you actually have a point.

Was it inflation that you didn't like, the devaluation of currency. It's above the governments 2% target, significantly, the BoE is charged with controlling it and has only interest rates as a tool to do so.

Or was it recession, 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.

That clear enough for you?

Cyclone's nuggets of advice...listen up everyone, Cyclone says all this so it must be true! Hang economic theory and behavioural science in these matters, the voice of truth speaks!

"The reason people aren't buying is that the mortgage situation has changed and they can't borrow as much.

So if you lower your price and they see that they can afford it then you'll get viewings.

The asking price is the key thing that determines whether you'll get any interest,

Normal has changed, this is the new normal.

interest rate isn't going to fall much

we are officially in a recession

And until the economy in general recovers (which could be anything from 6 months to 4 years) the upper end of the housing market will be depressed." pmsl

And you counter opinion is

"Bertie is right, don't listen to Cyclone, his views are rubbish".

At least I had a view, rather than just 'don't listen to him'.

Your level of discussion belongs in a school yard. Maybe you could try countering some of my opinions with logic or fact, rather than just saying "you're wrong, listen to me instead".

I actually posted you a list. Repeating myself, as you still haven't addressed it, you don't appear to understand inflation and unless you secretly have GDP figures that no-one can possibly have until Oct we're not in a recession.

Your subsequent posts are proving my original point. :loopy:

Feel free to be more specific, if you actually have a point.

Was it inflation that you didn't like, the devaluation of currency. It's above the governments 2% target, significantly, the BoE is charged with controlling it and has only interest rates as a tool to do so.

Or was it recession, 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.

That clear enough for you?

you'd be better withdrawing it from the market and sitting on your hands until the market improves. Don't lower the price, prices aren't the all important factor at the moment. People are spooked out of the market currently...housebuyers typically exhibit crowd like behaviour, they're either all buying or they're all the harbingers of doom and none are buying...you just need to be patient and wait for the market to turn...Once inflationary pressures have eased in the wider economy BOE base rates will fall and the market may turn...In the meantime it helps if supply is restricted...and pent up demand for houses grows...

you sound so sure of yourself, we should all listen up because Bertie is here with all the answers....I don't think you even understand what inflation is!

Can you see the irony (probably not, keep looking though).

If you posted a list I'm sorry but I can't see it.

You've made several posts, you insulted my intelligence and repeated several times that I was the 'voice of truth' and said that I seem very sure of myself.

You haven't actually made any response to a single point I've made that couldn't have been made by a child. You could simply point and go "nahh, nahh, na nahh, nahh" if you wish.

repeated again, you use terms you clearly don't understand. The consequences of your actions is to mis-inform others who are genuinely looking for help.

And you counter opinion is

"Bertie is right, don't listen to Cyclone, his views are rubbish".

At least I had a view, rather than just 'don't listen to him'.

Your level of discussion belongs in a school yard. Maybe you could try countering some of my opinions with logic or fact, rather than just saying "you're wrong, listen to me instead".

you've quoted it yourself above...oh dear cyclone's blowing himself out... :hihi:

If you posted a list I'm sorry but I can't see it.

you've quoted it yourself above...oh dear cyclone's blowing himself out... :hihi:

You'll note that the post I quoted was from before any of my posts.

And it's not a list, it's a paragraph. How can something you posted before, be a response to my comments. Are you confused about how responses have to come after the thing they respond to?

repeated again, you use terms you clearly don't understand. The consequences of your actions is to mis-inform others who are genuinely looking for help.

Yes, you keep saying I don't understand.

You don't provide any evidence to back that up, you haven't tried to define the terms yourself, you haven't posted links to definitions, you haven't explain how my understanding is lacking.

Can you see why just repeating "you don't understand" isn't a valuable contribution to a debate?

Cyclone is now "the Office for National Statistics that haven't actually been collected yet". He has a view of where the economy is after the third quarter, but we're not actually finished with the third quarter yet...

He can't substantiate his views about inflation because his posts up until now show that he doesn't really understand what it is...and he's now trying to save face by going off topic....

You'll note that the post I quoted was from before any of my posts.

And it's not a list, it's a paragraph. How can something you posted before, be a response to my comments. Are you confused about how responses have to come after the thing they respond to?

inflation is a continuous increase in the general level of prices...presumably now you can see why you've been spouting such rubbish

Yes, you keep saying I don't understand.

You don't provide any evidence to back that up, you haven't tried to define the terms yourself, you haven't posted links to definitions, you haven't explain how my understanding is lacking.

Can you see why just repeating "you don't understand" isn't a valuable contribution to a debate?