Whats the Silliest Name?

At uni I met a girl with the surname Horniblow ..... I'm sorry to say I giggled when she introduced herself :o Not surprisingly perhaps our acquaintanceship didn't really recover from the first meeting .... :P

StarSparkle :hihi:

We've all heard of 'Ben Dover', but earlier I heard the Yorkshire version, on the news I think it was... Ben Door.

Whilst I have never met (most) of these people myself, friends of mine (claim) to have met:

• Lydia Kettle
  • Roman Britain
  • Annette Curtain
  • Emma Royd
  • Michael Hunt (think about it - but not too long!)

when I was at school at Wath On Dearne there was a girl called mary cockin but everyone( boys ) called her Ismay.seamed funny at the time.

I've just remembered the Akuma-chan incident which drew national attention about 10 years ago. A young couple tried to name their son Akuma. :o The city didn't accept the application because akuma (=devil) is not appropriate for name. In the end, they chose another name.

I've heard of a young girl called Wednesday Joy Adams - poor girl.

Also, a guy once told me that he'd heard of a woman who called her two kids Red and Blue!

Originally posted by miniminch

there was a teacher at a sheffield school called mrs hor

but before we critises parents just consider some of the siggies on here - remember you chose that name for your self!!

My kids knew a teacher by that name.

Worked on a hospital ward with a Dr. De'ath... wasn't a popular chappie with the patients as one can imagine :?

also whilst working in a call centre, one of the girls spoke to a customer called Mr Gilly's Pie, the thing was, she had pronounced it wrong, it was Gillespie!!! :loopy: lol

About 40 years ago a Manchester man gave his son all 11 christian names of Man united .

I had a teacher called Ann Pratt (it said A Pratt on her locker)! I once spoke to a man who changed his name to 'Pink Dandelion'. The very famous one in the place I used to work was a customer who was called Adaepo S h i t t a! I think we all looked at that file at one time or another :D

K x

I was at school with a girl called Acua Juicy Apple dont know if thats how to spell it But thats how you pronounced it

we had a lad at our school named jj jameson.. now we thort that was his name till he told us it short for

jamie james jameson .. with his 1st name named after his dad and 2nd name after his g-dad.. no wonder the poor lad made his name to two letters.