Whats the Silliest Name?

It amazes me sometimes what parents name their kids.

When I was at school, there was a boy a couple of years above me called ARDEN BENT everyone called him Soft and Straight.

Another one was a midwife told me she had just delivered a boy called DWAIN whats wrong with that I hear you cry! His last name was PIPE!

A few months ago there was an article in the paper about a couple who had called their son DREW PEACOCK and when the proud Dad did a search on the net to see if his son had the same name as anyone famous the question DO YOU MEAN DROOPY ****? came up.

Whats the silliest name you have heard of?

You only have to look at what some of life's non-entities (sorry, 'celebrities') have called their sprog.

Didn't Frank Zappa call one of his daughters Luna-Bay? Bob Geldoff's daughter is called Peaches and that foul mouthed cook off the tele with the funny lisp called his child something like Daisy Boo.

Ozzy and Sharon Osborne however had the opportunity to call their daughter something really apt but didn't. I reckon as they sat in the delivery room with their newborn child, names like Incredibly Ugly Thing must have sprung to mind....,

Out here in New Zealand many people give their children uncommon names.

My Moari neighbours have 5 children-Chezzity, Tequila, Santana, Saxon and Paradise.

A nephew and niece are named Minke and Blue after the whales.

There is a Chardonay and a Mercedes in the village and many other different names.

Happy days

Originally posted by dawny1

Whats the silliest name you have heard of?

While I've heard of (and know people with) many silly names, the funniest are the way the parents spell them. It sometimes seems that the mother scrawls random letters on the birth certificate application and then calls the child the name that it is most unlike!

My late Grandfather assured me that he attended school with a boy named, Aaron Mycock. However, he was prone to comical invention, such as insisting that a local butcher had accidentaly emasculated himself whilst preparing a skirt of beef , that the 'Lollypop Man' near Wincobank School wore ladies 'briefs' underneath his uniform, and sometimes sported lipstick and eye shadow etc. This leads me to doubt the authenticity of the claim, somewhat.

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Didn't Frank Zappa call one of his daughters Luna-Bay?

No. He called his 2 daughters Moon Unit and Diva

I know someone called eye ball in norway :D

I knew someone in Sheffield called Iball! Worked for Midland Bank in 1980s.

One of our network contacts at a customer site was a big black guy called Cecil Daisy. Built like Frank Bruno as well.

It always reminded me of the Johnny Cash song - "a boy Named Sue"

I know someone with the initials VD, no prizes for guessing what name she was known by at school, and it wasn't Roxy :D

Guest Cutglass

I used to date a german guy called Uwe, which looks harmless enuff, but it's pronounced oover, so you can imagine the amount of jokes it created as to his sucking effects?!?!

There was a girl in my class at school whos little brother was named Edward Edwards.