Why are there so many crap drivers around?

I would like people suck as cv65user, bobgirlsnake, DT Ralge, lynblu, mattleonard, logeyboy, mlc1, iansheff etc to express forgiveness on this thread, I truly believe that these sort of posters are the ones that hog the middle lane, keep in the right lane.

Why else would they post such tripe to try and justify their bad driving ?

beg your pardon, how come I got dragged into this esteemed list?

I would like people suck as cv65user, bobgirlsnake, DT Ralge, lynblu, mattleonard, logeyboy, mlc1, iansheff etc to express forgiveness on this thread, I truly believe that these sort of posters are the ones that hog the middle lane, keep in the right lane.

Why else would they post such tripe to try and justify their bad driving ?

Not very often you're right but ya wrong again, just unfortunate to come across selfish numpties who seem to think they have a god given right to hog the road & sod everyone else who happens to get in their way.

When I say crap drivers I mean those who either feel it is beneath them, or are unable, to be considerate, safe, abide by laws, the highway code and parking regulations. Also, drivers whose insecurity about their willy size is not sated by having a large german car, but also need to drive aggressively and dangerously.

God help me when if/when i get driving i have had a few near misses due to some inconsiderate morons driving like lunatics i had one last week while out on a driving lesson at Birley the idiot overtook me whilst on a brow of a hill i had to brake firmly because he had to swerve in because of an oncoming car that he narrowley missed.

I went ballistic because the idiot could have ended up killing me & other people on the road due to his inconsiderate actions i apologised to my driving instuctor for they way i went off but it shook me up really bad.

This is not the first time that i have come across idiots like this either on my driving lessons there seems to be far to many dangerous drivers out there.:mad:

post #43 .

Ah ha! I was cueing in a regular contributor to such debates by the name of ...

Clearly, you couldn't have known that having only been around a short while.

what gets me are the BLOCKERS, right hand lane parkway from asda to the whicker, 49 mph, cant move wont move. pretending they cant see you with 20 cars stuck behind them . also the LEFTHANDERS stop in the left up the mosbro parkway at rush hour especially from town to coisley hill they look at you gone out if you get to overtake emin the empty lane on that uphill bit thats to overtake and zip back in . the que would be a lot less if this was made law. same with the tail back now from asda, out of town, r hand lane emty but try useing this till the signs say merge in and the bumper to bumper brigade dont like it. so come on if they want to pass you let em

Should be thanking them, not moaning, the speed limit is 50mph on 90% of the parkway and so if they are doing 50, what's your problem, you think it's ok for you to speed do ya :huh:, I admit I will often do this is if I'm in the farside lane overtaking and some idiot comes flying up my rear end and then starts flashing at me and tailgating me, some times it can't be helped that people sticking to the limit end up in the nearside lane and can't always get back in right away, but when some jerk sits up your backside expecting you to speed to get past the traffic in the nearside lane, well that just gets my back up and I stick 2 fingers up at them and stick to 50.

I too hate it when people sit in the middle lane on a motorway at 60mph, I have always known it to overtake and if safe and convinient to do so, get back into the nearside lane until I need to merge back to overtake, it just holds everyone up and is a complete pain in the arse...

some times it can't be helped that people sticking to the limit end up in the nearside lane and can't always get back in right away,

Why was there a need to overtake in the first place ??

Anyhow, we are talking about the people who travel in the outside lane (regardless of what is in the left) because they are turning right in 2 miles, and are far too stupid to know how to drive correctly!

Why was there a need to overtake in the first place ??

Anyhow, we are talking about the people who travel in the outside lane (regardless of what is in the left) because they are turning right in 2 miles, and are far too stupid to know how to drive correctly!

Well that's not difficult to work out really is it, lets just use simple physics to work this out:

For this exercise you will need:

Two lanes, 2 cars

Lane 1 car, car 1 is travelling along at 40mph, lane 1 car 2 is travelling at 50mph (If this continues, sooner or later car 2 is going to rear end car 1, agreed).

Car 2 then moves into lane 2 and as car 2 is travelling 10mph faster than car 1, car 2 will at some point overtake car 1.

This is what is known as overtaking and above I feel I have described a very good reason as to why there is a need to overtake.

:thumbsup:

Well that's not difficult to work out really is it, lets just use simple physics to work this out:

For this exercise you will need:

Two lanes, 2 cars

Lane 1 car, car 1 is travelling along at 40mph, lane 1 car 2 is travelling at 50mph (If this continues, sooner or later car 2 is going to rear end car 1, agreed).

Car 2 then moves into lane 2 and as car 2 is travelling 10mph faster than car 1, car 2 will at some point overtake car 1.

This is what is known as overtaking and above I feel I have described a very good reason as to why there is a need to overtake.

:thumbsup:

If you re-read your original post, you state that a car cannot retrurn to the left as both cars are stuck at the speed limit. :loopy:

No, I never ever said that, you may overtake car 1 and then find a steady flow of traffic in front of that car doing the same or very near the same speed, also as you will know you should leave a gap between yourself and the car in front, if you pull into a small gap you are effectively putting yourself and the car behind in danger.

Hope this has answered your question.

no, it does not, if you are uable to pass a row of cars, due to them doing the same spped as you, why overtake and hold the rest of the traffic up ?????

get yourself a battered old classic car.....I find everyone gives me a VERY wide berth....most people seem to think old cars have no brakes and dodgy steering, and that bits keep falling off all the time......they keep well back and never overtake in 'awkward' road situations.....