What's the best or worst job you've ever had

worst job: saturday job in the cafe in atkinsons. (when it used to be at the very front of the shop, rather than where it is now, down the side.)

I resigned when the manager asked me to clean between the floor tiles with a toothbrush....... I don't think so!

Best Job: Volunteer care worker with the elderly, no pay, no benefits, but extremely rewarding.

Current job...... well i'd give it 6 out of 10.

Worst Job: McDonalds, where I'm working part time at the moment :rant:

It's soooooo bad

Best Job: ......I'll get back to you on that lol

Worst job ever- delivering yellow pages. I had to deliver 800 of them round a posh neighbourhood near where i grew up. I got £90 but i then had to give my little sister 30 for helping and pay for petrol it took 2 days and a couple of evenings (when my parents helped for free) Never again!

Best job- Being a kids activity instuctor in wales.

Best job - placing people as volunteers and helping to train and support them

Worst job - cleaning in a very posh supermarket when I lived in Essex. Crap money and they didn't have rubber gloves so the phosphoric acid in the granite cleaner took more off my hands than off the floor.

Done yellow pages too and free papers, killed my car, my shoes and nearly me too! But then needs must when you're desperate.

Best job - well maybe not best but certainly the easiest was being paid £7.50ph by Hallam Uni to stuff envelopes, throw rubberband balls around and drink tea. All tax free as I was a student! Small wonder some unis can't afford to run their courses properly...

Worst job - tie between Dixons call centre and Halifax call centre. Absolutely soul-destroying.

My first ever job working for someone who was supposed to be a "friend of the family". I worked in stationery shop designing personalised stationery, websites, business cards. The bloke paid me £2 an hour and treated me like dirt.

One day he asked me to do a full website redesign for one of his friends and I said "Surely you can't expect me to do that for just £2 an hour?" to which he replied, "I pay you to do exactly what I tell you to do! If you don't like that you can pack your bags and leave!". I didn't say anything..... I just replied with a hand gesture and walked out.

Needless to say he's no longer a friend of the family. I heard he went to prison a couple of years later and his business went bankrupt. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke!

Worst job: Working at a hotel in Sussex. Was originally on the wait staff in restaurant but got recruited to housekeeping - 'Your job is to clean the 30 rooms in the hotel, as well as the public bathrooms'. One Sunday morning in December (i.e. party season) I spent 45 minutes scrubbing ONE cubicle in these bathrooms that let's just say on the previous night had been occupied by someone who had had WAY too much to drink. How she got it to splatter that high I really do not know... :( And I'll leave it up to your imaginations the kinds of things you find in the bridal suite the day after a wedding...

Best job: My current one. It's a receptionist position but in a PR/advertising firm which is what the degree I'm studying for is in. What makes it the ABSOLUTE best though is I have weekends off, yay!! First job since I was 15 that I haven't had to work weekends, praise the Lord.

best what i'm doing now by far,worst,stamping made in sheffield on chisels for 8 hours a day......nearly sent me over the edge..good job i got the sack.....that was in 1981 and i was on £22.50 a week.

all my jobs have been ok to me, the first one was in a hippy shop that belonged to my mum and all i ever did was try on clothes and look at all the coo stuff, got paid £30 a day

now I'm working at pizza hut where its ok but fat fat.

Worst job: being a postman. Early starts, work saturdays, really knackering lugging a heavy bag around for hours and you are bullied into doing masses of overtime.

(Zen's partner...)

Worst job was definately working as a programmer in Tring. "Yes please mr- boss, I want to work from 5 in the morning until 5 the next morning on-site in some god forsaken mill town only to get kicked out of my hotel at ten the next morning because you haven't paid the bill in months"

Zenmaster again....

Best job: Working as a note-taker for deaf students at SHU. Very rewarding and I got to learn stuff whilst I worked. Unfortunately I had to give it up as it was only part-time.

worst job:

working in a microwave meal factory...

Day one: most of the afternoon (4pm-12pm shift) spent taking huge blocks of cheese and feeding them through an industrial size grinder in sub zero conditions, then bagging up the grated cheese and sending it next door. after dinner, stirring a vat of tomato sauce with an oar and then pouring it into crates to be sent next door.

Day two: working next door. spent 7.5 hours of my life springling grated cheese on cooked pasta as it passed by on a conveyer belt.

Day three: job centre in the morning followed by clebratory drinks all afternoon... :)