Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

roy and polish lady it always puzzles me with your views but the great wars where to get rid of people like you lot :)

Did you not know nationalism is the new 'black' - its really vogue right across Europe at the moment..

Originally posted by Internetowl

Did you not know nationalism is the new 'black' - its really vogue right across Europe at the moment..

thats ironic really innit? :)

Well, I think the guy is an idiot.

" The Muslim Council of Britain said it had "absolutely" no objection to Muslims attending Remembrance Sunday services. "

Nobody is objecting to anything. No faith/religous groups are objecting the service. It's never been objected in the past, and it doesn't seem to be now. I too feel that it's a shamed that this kind of thing is changed. The guy might be too smart for his own good in this instance.

The thread title is inaccurate and misleading, an individual Anglican Vicar has decided not to hold a remembrance service at his church on Remembrance Sunday that is a world away from Remembrance Sunday (which so far as I’m aware remains a nationally marked day) being cancelled.

The vicar might just be a troll trying to add to the current multi-faith meleé :heyhey: I like his style :hihi:

Wonder if he's related? :huh:

What a soft pillock of a vicar.

The Barnsley service if run by a C of E vicar but all are invited and encouraged to come.

All the local ethnic community groups are invited to lay a wreath and all take up the invitation.

That's how it should be. Good old Barnsley council and well done to all the community groups. :thumbsup:

Being inclusive is the way to defeat racism and have a society where we can all live in peace.

Beats the alternative that we, in part, remember on that special Sunday.

the vicar is a fool,its a rememberance day service,not some religious bout,in the armed forces they have chaplains,these cover most christian faiths,im sure the old guard will still march proudly whether the vicar gets involved or not,its to remember those who died in the name of freedom,and hes laying down rules, stupid fool

So I expect Remembrance Day services will take place in 99.9% of C of E churches then - nothing much wrong with the country.

I imagine that not a large amount of 'other faith' soldiers were part of the nations effort which is being commemorated.

So why should we be considering a small section of people who probably have nothing to do with it anyway?

I'm sick of all this rubbish, pandering to 'other ' people. It's getting to where nothing is sacred or truly English anymore because we have to careful in case some other sod doesn't like it.

Grr!

zebra, that statement's absolute rowlocks, and you know it!

there were many Indian, gurkha, west indian, anzac, and african regiments who were involved in the fighting, on the Allied Forces' side, to name but a few different faiths and nationalities.

that's why it was called a WORLD war. It wasn't just an ENGLISH war.