The IQ of Sheffield Forum

The IQ of SF  

50 members have voted

1. 1. The IQ of SF

• 60-80
    • 80-100
    • 100-120
    • 120-140

It isn't just SF forum. The media seem to think the whole country has a low IQ.

Most of the papers today, including some of the broadsheets, feature Posh Spice's new haircut as their lead story :hihi:

Saint Victoria of Beckham has a new haircut? :o:o:o:o

*rushes out immediately to have the same cut and fawn over her every move* :hihi:

IQ tests don't prove too much. There are different kinds of intelligence which aren't covered by the standard IQ test. I got 134 in several tests, but I am not very bright or academically gifted. I really wouldn't pay too much attention to IQ tests.

Also I think the avarage for the UK is actually 101.

There was an interesting study done in America, which broke down the states by who voted for Bush linked to IQ, Bush supporting states were largely the states where the IQ was lower. Scary eh?

My personal opinion is that, when Bush leaves the United States, the collective IQ of the nation rises by 100 points.

what's the old joke

"Is ther intelligent life on earth?

"Yeah, Dubya's only visiting!"

Thankfully my own crass contributions to that thread came after Tony posed the question that we're all thick as puddins! I think he must be talking to you Doze! :hihi:

Oh, well, who am I to argue - Dozy by name, Dozy by nature :hihi:

According to Pratchett, the IQ of any mob or large group is equal to the IQ of its thickest member, divided by the number of people in it.

According to Pratchett, the IQ of any mob or large group is equal to the IQ of its thickest member, divided by the number of people in it.

i like that, good stuff.

You don't have an option for over 140. Mine is just over that.

Just means I'm good at IQ tests though. Which doesn't really mean anything.

I'm also excluded, but at the other end of the scale. :(

I'm also excluded, but at the other end of the scale. :(

Still doesn't mean an awful lot. I know a lot of intelligent people who can't cope with the IQ tests; on the other hand, I've apparently got the highest IQ of any human being ever to walk the face of the Earth, and I know damn well there are smarter people than me out there.

I have a very high IQ. So high in fact, that I know that the tests must be utter rubbish. I've scored over 170 on a couple of occassions but generally get high 160s. This sounds very conceited - but I know I'm clever; however, I also know I'm not a genius or even exceptionally clever. I'm just quite logical which I think skews the results.

Yea, but let's forget individual ability, what is the IQ of the first person collective?

There are apparently three different types of intelligence I think: the traditional intelligence quota (IQ), emotional intelligence (EQ) and cultural intelligence (CQ), so people may be more intelligent in some areas than others. It's more difficult to test EQ and CQ, but of course any concept of intelligence is subjective.

Oh, well, who am I to argue - Dozy by name, Dozy by nature :hihi:

I doubt that to be so Dozy, since IQ tests don't include a measurement of emotional intelligence :)

Has the average IQ of SF gone up or down recently?