Fatal hoax call - update

What a load of crap this thread is, sure it's a real damn shame the driver of the fire truck was put in the position where someone lost their life, more so because there was no need to be there. Sure there must have been some condition that affected his ability to manouvere the junction safely, I'm sure afterall that he didn't intentionally plough into the deceased's car!! However, you have to take into consideration all the facts,

• The hoax caller made the call, and has since been charged for that (Ok, he got off real light but that's the justice system ponces in this country of ours) but he wasn't at the scene and wasn't driving a car (@ the scene anyway) so that rules him out

• The fire engine driver was at the scene and was through his own fault or not, the person who delivered the fatal blow, as halibut has said above, if it was his own fault and he was incapable of taking the junction safely and knew it, then what should happen to him, be let off because he shouldn't have been there??? for christ sake people, he killed someone fault or no fault, someone has lost their life and a family are without their sister/mum/daughter/wife etc etc, I really feel for the guy and hope to hell he is found not guilty as it must be one hell of a thing to live with, but if he is guilty then by all means he should pay the consequences, if you think he shouldn't then it's people like you that make the justice system in this country what it is...

• Last but by no means least, the deceased...maybe she was at fault, maybe she was somehow in the wrong, if she was then she has paid the ultimate price, if she wasn't then again she has paid the ultimate price for someone's mistake, but hey, the womans dead people, get off her back.

Suppose it could somehow just be a simple case of an, dare I say it..."ACCIDENT", you know, the lights changed to quick for her to react, the fire engine / car driver did not see one another and the fire engine as are trained to do so if the path is clear, went through on red, the possibilities are endless, the only person most definately not legally at fault though is the hoax caller, even though morally he is definately the guilty party and should almost certainly suffer for it...

But he wont :huh:

What a load of crap this thread is, sure it's a real damn shame the driver of the fire truck was put in the position where someone lost their life, more so because there was no need to be there. Sure there must have been some condition that affected his ability to manouvere the junction safely, I'm sure afterall that he didn't intentionally plough into the deceased's car!! However, you have to take into consideration all the facts,

• The hoax caller made the call, and has since been charged for that (Ok, he got off real light but that's the justice system ponces in this country of ours) but he wasn't at the scene and wasn't driving a car (@ the scene anyway) so that rules him out

• The fire engine driver was at the scene and was through his own fault or not, the person who delivered the fatal blow, as halibut has said above, if it was his own fault and he was incapable of taking the junction safely and knew it, then what should happen to him, be let off because he shouldn't have been there??? for christ sake people, he killed someone fault or no fault, someone has lost their life and a family are without their sister/mum/daughter/wife etc etc, I really feel for the guy and hope to hell he is found not guilty as it must be one hell of a thing to live with, but if he is guilty then by all means he should pay the consequences, if you think he shouldn't then it's people like you that make the justice system in this country what it is...

• Last but by no means least, the deceased...maybe she was at fault, maybe she was somehow in the wrong, if she was then she has paid the ultimate price, if she wasn't then again she has paid the ultimate price for someone's mistake, but hey, the womans dead people, get off her back.

Suppose it could somehow just be a simple case of an, dare I say it..."ACCIDENT", you know, the lights changed to quick for her to react, the fire engine / car driver did not see one another and the fire engine as are trained to do so if the path is clear, went through on red, the possibilities are endless, the only person most definately not legally at fault though is the hoax caller, even though morally he is definately the guilty party and should almost certainly suffer for it...

But he wont :huh:

Hasnt he been punished for HIS crime?

Sure, if you call a slap on the wrist punishment then you could say he has...

The moral of the story is...

1 hoax call could result in someones life, I can't remember the banner all fire engines have on the back but it basically says that, someones life was taken and legally the caller wasn't at fault, however if let's say the hoax call was made, the fire engine attended and no one was killed as happened, although another genuine call came through and no one could attend because they were attending this hoax, someone then died as a result would the hoax caller then only be charged for making a hoax call...?

Someone died as a result of his stupidity and therefore morally he was at fault, just a shame he will be laughing like a cheshire cat when someone else eventually takes the blame, I like many others would love to smack it off his face...

Sure, if you call a slap on the wrist punishment then you could say he has...

The moral of the story is...

1 hoax call could result in someones life, I can't remember the banner all fire engines have on the back but it basically says that, someones life was taken and legally the caller wasn't at fault, however if let's say the hoax call was made, the fire engine attended and no one was killed as happened, although another genuine call came through and no one could attend because they were attending this hoax, someone then died as a result would the hoax caller then only be charged for making a hoax call...?

Someone died as a result of his stupidity and therefore morally he was at fault, just a shame he will be laughing like a cheshire cat when someone else eventually takes the blame, I like many others would love to smack it off his face...

WELL SAID!

If I remember correctly, the fire engine came through a red light. Emergency services are trained to treat red lights as give ways - ie. they have to look and check its clear to progress before going through one. Having blue lights and sirens doesn't give them the right of way.

At the time, I remember reading the fire engine went through without blue lights or sirens.

If thats true, the driver has gone through a red light without giving way and without even using his sirens or lights to warn other drivers.

Its absolutely right he should be investigated. Whether he is charged and subsequently found guilty depend on the facts, not the assumptions above.

If he is found guilty, he is solely to blame and was obviously driving contrary to his training.

Someone died as a result of his stupidity and therefore morally he was at fault, just a shame he will be laughing like a cheshire cat when someone else eventually takes the blame

Nobody else will take the blame; he's already taken it. He was convicted.

Nobody else will take the blame; he's already taken it. He was convicted.

Going round in circles I believe, but I don't mean for the call :huh:, I mean for the death of that woman. This discussion has just turned into the usual people nit picking little silly things so I for one am off...said my bit :thumbsup:

You may remember the tragic, fatal accident earlier this year involving a fire engine responding to a hoax call.

Today's Star carries an article about the charging and bailing of the driver of the fire engine:

Please get it right, he was not charged with any offence.

Going round in circles I believe, but I don't mean for the call :huh:, I mean for the death of that woman

He didn't kill anybody. He wasn't even anywhere near the woman who got killed...

If I remember correctly, the fire engine came through a red light. Emergency services are trained to treat red lights as give ways - ie. they have to look and check its clear to progress before going through one. Having blue lights and sirens doesn't give them the right of way.

At the time, I remember reading the fire engine went through without blue lights or sirens.

Where do these facts come from?...no-one knows what happened but the police and witnesses, so where did you 'remember' these facts from?

Until these 'facts' are released after the inquiry, do not believe what you read or make them up!

Fire Engines DO NOT drive through red lights with no lights or sirens.

Fire Engines DO NOT drive through red lights with no lights or sirens.

I take it this fact comes from the place that his did? :suspect: