What is Sheffield missing??

Expand the tram system to at least the size of the old on closed in 1960.

one of the best things to happen in Sheffield in recent years!

I just wish we had more late bars. Other than that, it's a grand place.

Fopp !!!!!

I don't like Fopp damn it!! I'm a Dapper Dan man.

Seriously, I didn't get time to explore Sheffield as much as I'd have liked, but it's got loads going for it if you compare it to somewhere like Sunderland, to much to list in fact. I would say that Sheffield could maybe do with cheaper city centre parking.

independent shops

independent bars

a decent nightclub

jazz club

Good looking men, with looks like George Clooney.:roll:

Amen sister!!!

One single tourist attraction that brings people in from all over the UK (and don't say the Peak District).

Better public transport. An expanded tram system that really serves the region, better link between the rail and bus stations and more buses rerouted into it, a fast rail link to the airport which bears Sheffield's name.

A massive iconic pedestrian/cycle bridge from the new park above the station/Park Hill flats right over to Arundel Gate, with steps down to the train platforms, bus station, links to shopping areas below etc.

The return of Fopp Records.

More decent restaurants in the city centre (and I don't mean on London Road I mean the centre proper) - rather than them all congregating on Ecclesall Road which most visitors never see and which isn't convenient for all Sheffielders to access.

More good quality Euro-style public spaces with cafes etc (a la Leopold Sq). Paradise Sq would be lovely for this if we shift all the solicitors and cars out of it.

A vibrant ex-industrial bit of town where leftfield/cultural stuff happens at all hours of the day. This should be in the CIQ area (around the Red Lion) if it ever takes off, but Kelham Island too.

Some decent city centre shops in big shiny new buildings.

A beautiful brand new modern art gallery that would genuinely be worth someone visiting from another city (eg of standard of the Hepworth in Wakefield) rather than the embarrassing ones we have at present.

Premier League football.