Nursery queries and recommendations

I used Fairmount there's one on collegiate crescent and one near the hallamshire hospital, they were great and i had no problems at all. good luck

Do not use fairmount!

They are awful, the staff turnover there is ridiculously high and all the owners are bothered about is by making as much money as possible by charging relatively high fees and paying staff the absolute minimum (hence high turnover.) Management do not appear to care bout the quality of care children receive and although Im sure the same cannot be said of many of the staff who work there it makes it very difficult to implement when management aren't bothered!

One of my friends took her daughter to treetops and loved it but other than this i don't really know anything about it.

Yes Treetops on Psalter lane is a great nursery the manager there is very knowledgable and is always there to speak too,the staff all say hello when you arrive and most of them have been there throughout my childrens four years at the nursery. I would give her a call and have a chat,her name is Lisa. Lots of the staff have children of their own so are extremly caring towards the children.

Hope this helps you.

Can i just let everyone know that we have arranged a councilor to come and speak to us on the closure of the nurseries friday night and we need the backing from anyone so if anyone can come to the meeting come as we do need numbers to show that we mean business. 18.30

chuch of the holy family

eastern drive

Thanks for posting this Ryan, it is nice to see people supporting us community nurseries.

The petition is to help us to campaign for funding from the Government who have told community nurseries that we have to be self sustainable by 2010. We know and the Government know that this is not possible for nureries working within the most deprived areas of Sheffield. In order to do this we would have to put all our staff on minimum wage and double the nurery fee's that parents have to pay.

Thanks for your lovely comment MaggieMo :-)

From all the staff at Manor Community Chidcare Centre xx

My son goes to your nursery and I couldn't praise them in 'spring babies' anhy higher. My son has come on leaps and bounds and is a right social animal and a lot of that must be down to the excellent staff you have there. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

My son goes to your nursery and I couldn't praise them in 'spring babies' anhy higher. My son has come on leaps and bounds and is a right social animal and a lot of that must be down to the excellent staff you have there. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Thank you Camrat78!

It's comments like this that we need from parents so we can show this silly money wasting council where they should be putting their money!

There will be a huge demonstration on the Town Hall steps on Wed 3rd December at 1.30pm sharp. We need as many parents, carers, grandparents, kids, babies ... with their plaquards to show that we mean business! We can't let these nurseries close - where will we send our children? I know I for one cannot afford Private nursery fee's!

I am a full-time working mother and need to place my baby into the nursery from Mon-Fri.

I just wonder how everyone cope with the nursery fees. In my case, the nursery fees for my one baby are £ 34 for full days and I have to pay around £840 monthly. We are wondering if this is the amount of nursery fees if you put your baby full time. Or do people normally take break in their career and look after children to save this cost?

Until what age do we have to pay this amount of money?

We are really wondering how to cope because there seems no other way than putting her in the nursery. Would be happy to hear your case.

Hi

It's a big cost isn't it? My son's nursery costs slighty more than that per day.

Thankfully after 3yrs old you do get 15hrs free per week which does help,.

Also check if you and your partner's work do the child vouchers scheme where you pay for childcare through your wages ( you get a voucher to spend) and you get a bit of a tax break. That helps a little.

I took the first year off work then went back part-time and costs were nearly £500 a month. Thankfully my part-time wage was still worth working for and it's been a case of "well we don't pay it forever". And as I said when he reached 3 yrs old there was a drop of about £150 a month cos' he got 15hrs free.

My son goes to a nursery just 1/2 a day a week, 9-11.30. That costs just £6.50.

Check if your entitled to any help from tax credits?

when i had mini in full time as a baby it was £150 a week thats mon-fri 8am -6pm.gets a little cheaper as they get older due to the staff/child ratios.

How about looking for a Child minder in your area instead! They are far cheaper about £3 per hour, they are now fully checked by the police etc and knowing a few childminders myself they are so caring!

We decided to go with the nursery rather than childminder-we wanted her to be interactive with other kids rather than being taken care by the same person. Yes, childmider could be more cheaper, but I am concerned that she would not be able to learn to communicate with other kids. Let me know your views.

By the way, it sounds my nursery is quite expensive!

i am a childminder and the children do communicate with other kids i have 2 year old and a 3 and a half year old i take care for the 2 year old as been with me 8 months and wasnt talking now hes taking say everything and he is out off nappys as we go to play groups,soft play areas.frams parks we are also round other children it all depends on wot the childminder does with the children but my parents are every happy with their sons progress hope you find a nice nursery for your child good luck