Nursery queries and recommendations

I highly recommend The Early Days Centre on Palgrave Road. Its only just outside Sheffield 6 but easy to get to. :thumbsup:

shiregreen young childrens centre on bellhouse road is good

My little boy (about the same age as yours) goes to Bole Hill nursey and he really likes it. The staff there seem really lovely.

A lot of the time on Sheffield Forum, people are eager to report bad things or negative incidents...

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know just how fantastic my daughter's nursery is.

I have just been to her parent's evening. I was already impressed and have been getting more and more impressed with them every year she attends, but I have to say that this has possibly been the absolute peak for me.

Not only did she have a 4 page report that was extremely specific to her, but I was shown a day to day plan of what she has, is and will be doing (not for the whole group, just for her), as identified from watching her and identifying her specific needs. She will be doing deduction exercises and reading. I am stunned that they have identified this in a child of her age (2 and three quarters). I am aware that this is the stage that she is at, but I didnt think that they would see this. They also decided not to move her out of her peer group, but just to spend extra time with her on these things, which I totally agree with. She was offered a place at school for next September, but we have turned it down as she would be 3 and some children in her class would be coming up to 5.

Anyway, could waffle on forever, but if you are undecided about nurseries, then I suggest arranging a visit to Kids Unlimited at Millhouses, just to see for yourself how ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL this nursery and their staff are.

Rant over...

A lot of the time on Sheffield Forum, people are eager to report bad things or negative incidents...

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know just how fantastic my daughter's nursery is.

I have just been to her parent's evening. I was already impressed and have been getting more and more impressed with them every year she attends, but I have to say that this has possibly been the absolute peak for me.

Not only did she have a 4 page report that was extremely specific to her, but I was shown a day to day plan of what she has, is and will be doing (not for the whole group, just for her), as identified from watching her and identifying her specific needs. She will be doing deduction exercises and reading. I am stunned that they have identified this in a child of her age (2 and three quarters). I am aware that this is the stage that she is at, but I didnt think that they would see this. They also decided not to move her out of her peer group, but just to spend extra time with her on these things, which I totally agree with. She was offered a place at school for next September, but we have turned it down as she would be 3 and some children in her class would be coming up to 5.

Anyway, could waffle on forever, but if you are undecided about nurseries, then I suggest arranging a visit to Kids Unlimited at Millhouses, just to see for yourself how ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL this nursery and their staff are.

Rant over...

My friends children go tothat nursery and she's very happy with their service, also.

Hiya,

I have a six months old baby and need a good nursery as I have to go back to work and the uni. I've already seen 6 nurseries and I'm colse to loosing all my faith that there are any good in Sheffield. Please help!!!!!

Perhaps a childminder might meet the needs of you and your child more than a nursery, particularly if like us, you think that children learn and develop best from being in a safe, loving, homely and stimulating environment with the added bonus of being able to have the freedom of experiencing the great outdoors rather than the occasional "visit" or "trip" away from their designated "room". http://www.sheffieldchildminders.co.uk

What has happened in this crazy world. At that age they should be playing and having fun, not being assessed.

I echo that sentiment whole heartedly!

yes, so do I......

Try Broomhall, you can't bet the staff they are the best, no really the absolute best and everyone I speak to says the same and that is from parents of children who are grown up. Can't give them higher praise