Violin or Cello Player Wanted

I'm looking for a violin or cello player (or both if you're feeling clever) to start something slightly different.

I'm an acoustic guitarist and singer with some of my own stuff already written and I'm looking to add strings to the music.

Don't know where it's leading at this point but would like to find someone, have a jam, see how well we gel and how well we can make it work. Could lead to gigs, recording etc. but just looking to find someone to start with.

How you want to play your part is totally up to you. Ideally you'd get a feel for the music and put your own spin on the violin/cello part.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers!

Hi,

I'm a grade 8 violin player-have played in sheffield band before, with a friend who plays cello, basically making up our own parts! I've also recently formed a string trio with another friend who plays violin 2! If thats any use to you then would love to have a jam!

You've got me intrigued. Send me some details and I'll see about meeting up. I'm overseas this week but I'm back the follow week if you wanna meet up :-)

Hi Anna

This is a bit of cheek and slightly off topic, but I'm a viola player looking for a string quartet to play with. I'm playing with one at the moment, but I'd like to do more; as individuals we're busy and finding days we're all free is difficult. I'm grade 8+, experienced and come with a box of music. I'm happy to perform or just play. Is it something you'd be interested in?

Hey,

That sounds good-we've been missing a viola player in our quartet minus 1! We're all a little busy at the mo, but after January should be a good time to start playing again! We have some music but our repertoire is not v.extensive as we've not been playing together that long!

Evening Anna

I thought 2 violins and a cello sounded like an unusual combination! Could you pm me please with some contact details? Apparently I've not posted to the forum enough times to contact you directly. As for music, I've ended up as the librarian for the other quartet I play with, so I've got a pile of stuff.

All the best

David

Hey-sorry I've been slow to reply! Apparently I haven't posted enough times to send u a message either! hopefully it'l let me after this post.....

Hi Anna, hi David.

For the same reason listed above, I'm not able to PM you yet.

So check the topic link here (sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=433290) and feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

-Andy.

we are looking for some people to play at our wedding so if you have any demos or anything please let me know.

Hi you guys, I also play violin and am looking for a trio/ quartet to play with. If you ever need an extra, let me know!

Hi Angem

I'm always on the lookout for other quartet playing. Could you let me know a bit more about yourself; have you done much quartet playing? Feel free to pm me

All the best

David