Orange spots on washing (Sheffield S6 area)

Hi.

We have started to get orange/brown spots on our washing again (rust mark kind).

Last time we got these the washing machine was on it's way out but it was also failing to wash. So we put it down to that and got a new one.

But this time we are getting them again with the new machine but otherwise it is cleaning fine.

The spots seem to appear this time of year and usually on light cottons. (towels etc).

I'm hoping it's not the washer going again because it's just over a year old.

So, has anybody else had similar with their washing in the same area as us (S6)??????

We've walked past the river a couple of times and noticed the stones and rocks have got an orange colour to them - so could it also be something in the water???

I think the Orange marks on the rivers stones will be iron ore deposits (I think) I doubt this will be in the household water supply

I have the same thing happem to my washing, I put it down to the metal in the pegs causing rust marks as it only happens if I leave the washing out during damp days.

I've been looking for some dolly pegs so I don't have the same problem this year!

its something in the air. some works have prob cleaned out a flue.

Are you drying your clothes inside or outside? If outside I would agree to a point with telman. Something in the air. Usually pollen, poop from insects etc...how big or the spots, like tiny flecks or the size of a penny??

Are you drying your clothes inside or outside? If outside I would agree to a point with telman. Something in the air. Usually pollen, poop from insects etc...how big or the spots, like tiny flecks or the size of a penny??
Yes, I suspect it's insect poo!