Your Preferred Charities

I would think you need to consider where your interests lie, people old or young, home or overseas, animals, medical research. Also whether you are thinking purely financial aid, or something more hands on

i'm looking for a charity.

Must not be looking very hard then ?

Where you looking on babestation :hihi:

FUTO! LOL!

If I won the lottery I would not give a penny to chariy. I would get a team of builders and fly to poverty-striken places myself and build.

Jersey Zoo is an amazing place though. Oh the memories of my visit there. I want to go back.

sadboy what type of charity and you looking for and may I ask why?

why does the fact that it has a charity number make a difference?

Because if it doesn't it's a con artist who's going to pocket the cash and it'll not be seen by any charity.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I tend to give to animal and children charities mainly.

I would consider charities that are UK-specific, but will not give a penny to the do-gooding charities which go overseas and upset the balance of nature by feeding mouths which will go on to reproduce in uncontrolled numbers, making the situation worse in future.

I would consider charities that are UK-specific, but will not give a penny to the do-gooding charities which go overseas and upset the balance of nature by feeding mouths which will go on to reproduce in uncontrolled numbers, making the situation worse in future.

One would of thought The hemroids charity would of been one of your personal choice :)

f .

Edited by sadboy

f .

Edited by sadboy

I've given to various charities of one sort or another over the years, but I avoid Banardo's. The reason being that I've been on the receiving end of one of their representatives attempted strong arm/aggressive behavior techniques. So they blew it with me.

I never donate anything with those plastic bags that come through the letter box, someone once told me the donations were being sold at car boot sales!

I usually have a huge clearout, then telephone a charity to collect it. mainly animal, cancer, and aged charities.

I have to remember what Ive donated, or when I call into their shops, Ill probably buy it back knowing me! :hihi:

Cystic fibrosis, because my 3 year old grandaughter has it and it's the most common genetic desease amongst us.

British Heart Foundation

NSPCC

Samaritans

Shelter

Odd ones that leave collection bags, but only the genuine ones like Help the Aged - I'm filling one of their bags now. Not some of the spurious ones that seem to only exist to collect from unsuspecting people... :suspect: