Tumble dryer problems MEGATHREAD

The heater on my tumble dryer has stopped working, chances are the heater has just packed in, but the spay connectors into the heater have melted (see http://www.hook85.co.uk/temp/broken.jpg ) and so I'm not sure if it's just the connections or the heater itself.

It's a whirlpool condensor, and that means if we have to replace it it's gonna set us back around £200 :( Anybody fix tumble dryers for a living? Or have any knowledge of them? I really can't afford to buy a new one right now :(

That look as if one connector has vibrated off. You may be able to try new connectors, and see if it works

You can simply renew the female connectors by cutting off the old ones and replacing new ones using a clamping tool like pliers ( tape up any wiring with insulation tape).... as for the heat sensor.... well that is another problem.... the white unscrewable piece they attach to ( looks like a heat sensor) should be taken out and tested by your local electrical shop.... they can test the resistance between the connections to see if it is functional.

I guess you either overload it or use it often.... don't attempt to correct your problem if you don't know what you are doing.... you might end up hurting yourself or others around you.... an electrical fire is not a good thing to deal with.

Pull the plug out of the wall ( isolate it from the mains).... use a screwdriver to remove the clip on top.... but have your hand on it while you remove it otherwise it will ping somewhere.... you may be able to simply remove it..... keep the pin handy as it will secure your new sensor in place when you come to fit it.

The part will have an identification number on it so you should be able to locate it through a dealer.... not a lot of money.... maybe a tenner for the part and clips.... assuming that is the problem. Did your plug fuse blow btw.?

Tumble dryers are only a large hairdryer that revolves.... because I have given you advice please pm me if you are unsure about what you are doing before you do it.... Thanks.

Oooh! make a note of which wire goes where.... label them, they are both brown.... one could be a larger connector than the other and take this on board when buying new ones.... if they are both the same size you may have difficulty in deciding which way around they go unless labelled.

That is good advise Jake01 we sometimes assume that people know as much as we do

That is good advise Jake01 we sometimes assume that people know as much as we do

Me! :D I know nothing my friend.... we do assume that fact out of repetition but I can assure you I know nothing. :hihi: I will be speaking to the secret police about you and what you really know.... (joking my friend) :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Have the best Sunday ever and thanks for the nice word.... bet I'm wrong. :D

Me! :D I know nothing my friend.... we do assume that fact out of repitition but I can assure you I know nothing. :hihi: I will be speaking to the secret police about you and what you really know.... (joking my friend) :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I know a lot less than I think I do :D :D

I know a lot less than I think I do :D :D

I bet I can beat you hands down.... :D :D :D

Me! :D I know nothing my friend.... we do assume that fact out of repetition but I can assure you I know nothing. :hihi: I will be speaking to the secret police about you and what you really know.... (joking my friend) :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: every day i learn more and more about less and less till eventually i will know more about nowt than any one i know :hihi: :hihi:

Another version is ' tha toaks moor an moor abaat less an less untill tha sez everythin abaat nowt' :D

:hihi: :hihi: every day i learn more and more about less and less till eventually i will know more about nowt than any one i know :hihi: :hihi:

Do I know you?.... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Thanks for the advice Jake.. :)